XS East 2009 - The Vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done!

I am looking at all kinds of possibilities, open to ALL suggestions!
    Everyone should be included in the planning.
    I will be certain of fuel stops(the way I like to crack the throttle on the bike, I get about the same distance as a Special out of a tank of fuel!LOL!).
    I plan on riding 9 this fall, and in the spring to make sure of it's condition before we committ to it. The Hemmings site could be a blast...Is there anyone who's not interested in antique cars and bikes? Is that possible? Definitely will check it out BobE!
    Hey you guys are coming to CT saturday, right?
    I'm going down but I'm taking the cage. Witch decided to have a fairing issue-lenses/lights-tempermental old thing! We'll discuss some options over pizza and see what we come up with.
    Oh, and blue giant...a fall 'mini-run' is definitely in order! Let's figure out a weekend that some of us can go. PM me with your thoughts!!
    80 XS1100G w/ Windjammer-the Witch
    79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

Re: Well done!

Originally posted by CarolynS
      I am looking at all kinds of possibilities, open to ALL suggestions!
      Okay, you asked for it! Routes I would be looking at are the usual, VT-8, VT-100...VT-125 over the Middlebury Gap is nice, VT-17 over the Appalachian Gap is also great, but that one might be a little too far north for a comfortable day's ride....For the shopping fiends, or those who may be bringing their wives who may want to do something a little different, Woodstock, VT, is a nice ride, as is the Yankee Candle Company in Greenfield, MA, which makes for a nice Shoppers Day sort of thing (I have no idea how long this event will be, so I'm just throwing out ideas)....

It would be useful to find a motel near a campground or vice-versa to give folks an option of lodging. We also try to locate a base in close proximity to a restaurant (ideally within walking distance) so that folks can go unwind at the end of the day's riding over some brews without worrying about the ride back to the motel/campground.

Hey you guys are coming to CT saturday, right?
      I'll be there! Haven't heard from Russ yet, but I know he will too if he can back from VA in time!

I'm going down but I'm taking the cage. Witch decided to have a fairing issue-lenses/lights-tempermental old thing! We'll discuss some options over pizza and see what we come up with.
      Oh well, I was looking forward to seeing a sister of the Old Coot!
      BobE
      Richmond, RI
      1980 XS1100G - "The Old Coot"

PREVIOUS RIDES
      2005 Venture, 1993 Venture, 1983 Venture
      1978 Gold Wing, 1983 Gold Wing
      1975 CB500T, 1983 Husqvarna 250WR
      1981 XL500, 1975 CB750K5
      1981 CB900F, 1965 C200 (Honda 90)
      1968 Powell Challenger (Hairy-Chested Mini-bike)

Comment

Guess we can close this thread, no new votes and we are all talking about VT, so it's a go!

Take off, Carolyn! Why don't you go ahead and start a new "XS East 2009" thread.
        Marty in NW PA
        Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
        Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
        This IS my happy face.

Comment

Working...
        X