X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: wet in Indiana?

Originally posted by MartyA
    Maybe we ought to bring kayaks?
    Nope, won't be needed. They just turned on the sprinklers this week to get rid of the tourist crowd. Going to be sunny and dry on the weekend.
    Brian
    1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
    1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
    remembering the same thing!

Comment

Re: GOT AN EXTRA DAY

Hi Y'all
      Extra day. Me too. I plan to be in Kentucky Thursday night and ride up early Friday. What is planned for Friday? (activities, meet to eat spots, maybe ride 1? ) I have tent and can attend fri thru maybe mid day Saturay.

T shirt? Anyone going to bean blossom looking for a large black short sleeve unexpected rally shirt? I have one extra (only worn and washed once.)

Brent in GA

Originally posted by gerkenbruce
      HI ALL

Got an extra day. Leaving thurday for Kane P.A. Spending the night at Marty & Sally,s . Gary & Deana are meating us there . Then off to Bean Bag. Shoud be there friday with tent They do have Beer right?

XSivly

Bruce
      It is a great big beautiful world out there
      Brent in GA
      Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

All info needed for the Bean Blossom raly can be obtained at Indyricks site. You can find it by doing a search for Indyrick or Bean Blossom.
        As far as Kayaks.., You all can call my XS whatever you want. Sometime she is a Kayack sometimes shes a real pain. I hung a picture of a rusty ol' 78 on the shop wall to remind her of what she can become.
        Beer. I'll be bringing a 64 quart cooler. It'll be full when I get there. I'll roll in early fry morning. We'll be in the truck. Cabin #12
        S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
        1-big XS patch
        1-small XS/XJ patch
        1-XS/XJ owners pin.
        1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
        2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
        1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
        1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

I'll be there mid afternoon on Thursday. My cooler isn't as big as CZEKUS's, but it'll do. I look forward to meeting everyone. The weather hasn't really been as bad as the weather channels make it seem. Pretty cloudy, lower 80's with high humidity, and it looks like rain, but it really hasn't yet. It's really not bad riding weather at all.

Comment

A DAY IN RAIN

Glad to here that the weather is not as bad as it looks. I still think a day riding in rain is better than a day at work and I have been working a lot .

XSivly

Bruce
            Bruce Gerken
            '79 XS1100SF
            "The Black"
            '2009 BMW k1300GT'
            The Red Sled.
            St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Home again

Hi Y'All,
              Home from Bean Blossom. Arrived Sunday night @ 8 pm.

It is god that we do not try to control the weather, but humble ourselves, and adjust routes and schedules accordingly.

Made it to camp in KY Just bfore dark Saturday, about 300 miles since breakfast. Met my Buddy from GA pulling out for a ride as I came in...so a little more riding .

Cautionary note for special owners ; The east-west interstate through the Hoosier national forrest in southern Indiana has a Loooooong stretch with no fuel.

milage - Atlanta GA to Tennessee. Kentucky, Bean blossom Indiana, to the edge of a BIG thunderstorm to Columbus IN (Food at Riverera family resteraunt Quite good), & home
              1550 round trip... four days.. and closer to GA than Penn. or NY

Thanks for Rally work Rick and all. Good choice of campgrounds.

Happy motoring,
              Brent in Ga
              Brent in GA
              Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Re: correction

It is good that....
                It is god that we do not try to control the weather, but humble ourselves, and adjust routes and schedules accordingly.

in Ga [/B][/QUOTE]
                Brent in GA

Comment

I made it back home about 4:30PM eastern time. Don't ask about miles just yet.. haven't checked. Too busy enjoying the A/C.. so nice not to have humidty that you can literally cut with a knife!!

I must echo Bruce's comments on the choice of campgrounds, it was excellent. The weather sucked, but oh well, I'll get over it.

Good friends, good rides, and good food made the weather a non-issue.

Thanks to all for a job well done!!

On another note, I was followed home today.. all the way from Indiana no less, by this big dark cloud!! Every gas stop, by the time I left, there it was... and it's now raining like crazy outside!!
                  Last edited by xssiveone; 07-18-2005, 03:46 PM.
                  Brian

Comment

Hey All:
                    Got home safe and sound at 7:00. Did a tour of western Ohio on the way home. Oddly enough, it looks just like Indiana! Did 430 miles on the way home without an interstate. A personal best for me. Trip total of 1432 miles. Didn't get a drop of rain, but as soon as I closed the garage door the rain came down as hard as I've ever seen!
                    Good rally, good friends, good to be home.
                    Peace,
                    Mark Stanton

Comment

Sally and I made it, around 7:30. The one downpour we hit in eastern Ohio was actually welcome.

Thanks for everything. I was very happy to put faces to some of the XS11 names I have read and sometimes communicated with. And it was great to see someo old freinds also.

Thanks Rick for the whole thing, and thanks Rosa for the shirts.

Had a great time.
                      Where to next year?
                      Marty in NW PA
                      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                      This IS my happy face.

Comment

Had a fantastic time. Many thanks to Rick and all who helped him make this happen. A special thanks to all who dove into my electrical issues. I'll keep you posted.

Andy

Comment

I made it back home also...at 7:30 this AM after riding through the night, stopping at the Iron Butt Motel in eastern MO, then waiting out a nasty storm at 4:30 AM, 50 miles from KC. 3389 miles total, including an 800-mile day the last day. Not too smart...

Thanks to all involved...I had a great time and met a lot of wonderful people. Looking forward to next year...right after I get some more sleep.
                          Tom Hunt
                          Lawrence, KS

1981 XS1100H
                          1998 Concours, 1984 PE175, 1974 GTMX

Comment

made it home at midnight 2168 mile on the speedometer at the trip.
                            Thanks Alot Rick I hope you read this.Had a great time.Really enjoyed meeting everybody.Putting more faces with names.And the beer was really good to!

XSivly,
                            Bruce
                            Bruce Gerken
                            '79 XS1100SF
                            "The Black"
                            '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                            The Red Sled.
                            St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Made it home around midnight. Found out that by cutting the speed down in the truck, will increase my fuel mileage,,( ALOT )
                              We were only getting about 300 miles per tank. Now it's just over 400 per tank by cutting it down 5 mph. Anyway. good rally guys and gals. Wonderfull to put some faces with some people. Wish the weather was better but hey,, Ya can't do nothin about it so as Bobby McFerrin once said in a song," Don't Worry, Be Happy. "
                              You all didn't have to load me up with the bourbon and beer, But cool,, I'll remember that next year and watch out. There will be alot of beer bought.
                              Thanks Rick for hosting this Rally. Also a special thanks to Rosa and Lois for all the work and B.S. involved in doing the shirts. You need a great big " Pat on the back" award.
                              I got alot of good insight about hosting a rally and am looking foward to hosting one in 2007. I'll keep everyone posted
                              S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
                              1-big XS patch
                              1-small XS/XJ patch
                              1-XS/XJ owners pin.
                              1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
                              2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
                              1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
                              1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xssiveone
                                I must echo Bruce's comments on the choice of campgrounds, it was excellent.

Oooops!!! Should be "Brent's" comments. Sorry Brent!!
                                Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X