Indy Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy Rally

Rick Gordon is planning an XS rally for this summer. Here is a link that he has posted on the other XS site.

Date: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:44 pm
    Subject: Re: An Indiana XS1100 Website Cometh!!! FINALLY......

ADVERTISEMENT

My apologies to all for the delays but I have finally
    got a website (actually a BLOG) available with the
    information for the midwest rally, summer, 2005.

http://indyricksplace.blogspot.com/

You can post and read messages. I'll try to put
    together an attendee list and also load some pictures
    of the facility that I took a couple of months ago to
    the blog in the near future. (hopefully a lot faster
    than I got this @#$% page up)

Let me know what you think. I'm unable to actually
    to the "Rally's" list on the site. If I fail and
    someone else feels inclined and has the access, please
    put the information on the XS11.com site for me.

Thanks

Ken/Sooke
    78E Ratbyk
    82 FT500 "lilRat"
    92 ZX11 Temptress

I just talked to Rick about this....is anybody planning on going? I am looking for somebody to share a cabin with I guess. Would probably leave Thursday evening and get there Friday Afternoon, or pull an all day ride Friday (about 750 miles).
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

We will be in a cabin there Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

fifi and the Lizard
      ltl

Comment

I'll be there. Make a nice birthday present.
        Marty in NW PA
        Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
        Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
        This IS my happy face.

Comment

Wife is coming with me so the cabin sharing thing is out. If I can get hold of the joint.....busy everytime I call.
          Gary Granger

Comment

bean blossom

you guys will love brown county. from bean blossom to nashville over to edinburg. i'm in indy just about 45 minutes north. i moved the maxim last year but would love to get the gw in on the activities.

Comment

Count me in also...I'll be coming from the Y-triples North Central Rally in WI the weekend before. I have family in NW Indiana and in Indy itself that I'll visit in between the two events. Yes, I'll be on an 11.
              Tom Hunt
              Lawrence, KS

1981 XS1100H
              1998 Concours, 1984 PE175, 1974 GTMX

Comment

Tracy and I are in if we can find place for the week after .Ifd not we should be there for the rally .
                Ralph And Tracy

Comment

Originally posted by bikerhawk
                  Count me in also...I'll be coming from the Y-triples North Central Rally in WI the weekend before.

^

Where is that rally? I'm in Milwaukee and wouldn't mind hitting one.

Thanks.

Comment

lodging

there are more hotels just a few miles down the road in nashville in if you can't get lodging in bean blossom. also it is not very far over to columbus (25 miles or less) there are plenty of motel hotels there being a 65 interchange exit.

Comment

ps here are a few local area websites that might also be of help.

http://www.beanblossom.com/

www.browncounty.com

and don't forget to check out the flea markets in gnaw bone

Comment

Y-triples North Central Rally

Originally posted by Whhpssh

^

Where is that rally? I'm in Milwaukee and wouldn't mind hitting one.
                        Veterans Memorial Park, West Salem, WI, July 8-10. Show up Friday afternoon/evening, ride, eat, and the usual BS on Saturday, leave Sunday. Campsites available, and we have a shelter reserved at the park for Rally HQ. IIRC, there are also a number of motels nearby (pretty close to I-90).

Mainly XS750s and 850s, but at least a couple of 11s there (mine now - the 750...or is it my a$$??...doesn't take really long trips anymore). We've also had a Concours (former 750 owner), a Wing sidecar (brother of an 850 owner), a V-Star (wife of a 750 owner), etc...you get the picture. We like to say, "If you've ever owned a Yamaha triple, known someone who has/had a triple, can identify a triple, rides a Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaski, Harley (yes, even them), or SOME kind of bike...then you're welcome." Just watch out...you might have someone pulling off a plug wire to make you run on 3 for a while.

Send me a PM if you're interested and I can get you more details.
                        Tom Hunt
                        Lawrence, KS

1981 XS1100H
                        1998 Concours, 1984 PE175, 1974 GTMX

Comment

Well, I'm in. I just made my reservation at The Bean. The only thing left is primitive cabins (ugh), and they are going fast so you better hurry. These do have electric with A/C but no linens. The showers are about a hundred yards and the toilet is just out back.
                          Mark Stanton
                          Cleveland, OH.

Comment

Hey Rick
                            Did you get time to check out any motels that have kitchens and rent by the week yet.
                            Ralph
                            80 Midnight Sp.-Evil Mistress
                            96 Royal Star-unnamed
                            97 650 savage-unnamed, Tracy's

Comment

Oh yeah...me and Marty (and our SO's) got the last, 'fully equipt cabin' what ever that means. We will be there with bells on our toes...ummm or something......
                              Gary Granger

Comment

Working...
                              X