Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost in Da UP (Upper Peninsula, Michigan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=BA80;446663]
    Originally posted by Brent View Post

August would be a good month for Oklahoma this year. I had to wear a jacket riding to work a few times this month and it's been a steady drizzle here for the last couple of days. Been in the 60's and 70's in the morning a LOT this summer.

I think we swapped climates with Seattle.

It was 53F when I woke up yesterday. The house has been open. I woke up under the quilt and snuggled up close to my Mrs. Cool tonight as well. Weird, but nice.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

I don't know how Brent's name got on that quote? Or, mine on Brent's. Computer is acting really strange lately. Couldn't even log on here last night from my desktop.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Look at your original statement. The code for a quote from Brent is there.

John
        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Yup, looks like it latched on to my quote somehow. Didn't mean to put words in Brent's mouth.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Okay, well that's cool that there's still interest in the idea. I was wondering if I wasn't making it sound good enough for people to want to make the trip. It's not exactly a central location that could pull folks from all directions, but the riding is excellent.

In the interest of planning far enough ahead, I've put it on my calendar to hold this rally a year from now. Same weekend in August. August 14-16. In sunny/snowy Houghton, MI.
            -Do what makes you happy.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
            '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"
            ...and a 2nd E, for the goodies on it.

Comment

Okay, well that's cool that there's still interest in the idea. I was wondering if I wasn't making it sound good enough for people to want to make the trip. It's not exactly a central location that could pull folks from all directions, but the riding is excellent. I still feel kind of like a schlub for cancelling on strabo (and anyone who might've come & didn't log on for those 2 days), but it is what it is I guess.

In the interest of planning far enough ahead, I've put it on my calendar to hold this rally a year from now. August 14-16, 2015 in sunny/snowy Houghton, MI. Most of the details laid out describing the event earlier in the thread will still apply (Julie's motor inn, grilling on Friday, good roads the rest of the time, etc...).

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
              '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"

Comment

Heh.

Computer savvy, I am not. If any moderator cares to delete that first post that I accidentally posted (and then subsequently this one), that'd be great. I wanted to see what the bold looked like and rather than hit preview, I hit submit, but thought that I hit Esc in time to not go through. Oh well.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
                '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"

Comment

Originally posted by Erik the Red View Post
                  Okay, well that's cool that there's still interest in the idea. I was wondering if I wasn't making it sound good enough for people to want to make the trip. It's not exactly a central location that could pull folks from all directions, but the riding is excellent.

In the interest of planning far enough ahead, I've put it on my calendar to hold this rally a year from now. Same weekend in August. August 14-16. In sunny/snowy Houghton, MI.
                  Hi Erik,
                  I will try for next year. The last time I was in Houghton it did Snow.... it was late in the fall though.
                  Phil
                  1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                  1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                  2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

I was wanting to come but family events got in the way. Hoping next year works out better.
                    After being there last year with Erik I do want to go back! Great roads!
                    XJ1100 Ruby Red
                    XS1100LH "Midnight"
                    1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Working...
                    X