No announcement yet.

Lost in Minnesota Rally 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas stop with a carwash going on across the street. Sure Tod, you just had an itch on you head, ya right.

Arrival at Yellowstone Cheese Factory

Tulip

Lunch stop. Wake up Amy we are only half way through the ride.

Buena Vista Park lookout above Alma Wisconsin. Yes Tod…………..we are still in Wisconsin.

Bob Falter and DragonTamer rehashing the day.

I will leave the rest of the details to others. I want to thank everyone for coming and a special thanks to DragonTamer for helping me this year with route planning and many other things. I couldn’t have pulled this off without you Gary!
    And special thanks to my wife Sandy for putting together all the great eats and the assistance to get things ready.
    XJ1100 Ruby Red
    XS1100LH "Midnight"
    1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

home from MN

I made it home from another great Rally.

Thanks to everyone who helped or attended, especially Arlan & Sandy!

Brent in GA
      It is a great big beautiful world out there
      Brent in GA
      Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser View Post
        Gas stop with a carwash going on across the street. Sure Tod, you just had an itch on you head, ya right.

That would have been a helluva good picture if Tod would have stayed out of the way.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Roll on...

All's well and safe at home, Sweet ROUTE!!

Cruiser and Dragontamer did an exceptional job!!!

Props to the gents.

met a few different/new members and had lots of fun.

great to see everyone.

Thanks to everyone!!!

Sandy and Arlen, Thank you!!!
          1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
          1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Here are a few from Tod, Harry, and my trip up to Winona.

A little while after we left KC it started raining a little and we stopped for some lunch. To be honest the rain felt good after the 115º it was in Tulsa when Tod and I left wednesday afternoon.

Got to Bobs thursday afternoon and he and Jackie fed us good and we put a pretty good sized dent in his beer supply.

Stopped for a rest at this scenic pulloff in a town in Iowa. The veiw is of the Mississippi valley. Had some lunch there at what they said was the oldest bar and grill still in operation in Iowa. Don't remember the name of the town or the grill now.

The view of the river from the park at the top of a hill in Lansing Ia. just before we crossed into Minnesota.

The mileage from my house to the Motel in Winona.

A great time once again Arlan and Sandy. Thanks a lot for putting up with us and it was great to see everyone and meet some new people.
            I hope y'all aren't in too much trouble with the nieghborhood association.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

tire

Originally posted by Stepka View Post
              I would love to ride but I just got my bike going and I dont trust it enough to ride that far.
              Me too, so I carry tools.
              I checked installation of tire on Buell (done in Wisconsin) today. Rear Axel Is OK. Threads work smoothly. Applied antisieze and retorqued axel, pinch bolts and calliper bolts. Job was OK, still going good, but is is nice to know.

Should be Much easier next time.
              It is a great big beautiful world out there
              Brent in GA
              Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Working...
              X