Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost in Minnesota Rally 2011

“Who cut the Cheese…….................Curds”

Mark your calendars for a rally once again in Winona, Minnesota August 5th – 7th.
    Meet and greet with a barbeque Friday evening, ride Saturday, possible short ride on Sunday.

With the assistance of DragonTamer and MindWebs we are making the Saturday ride almost exclusively in Wisconsin. The route will take us north to the headquarters of Yellowstone Cheese Factory near Cadott, Wisconsin for a chance to purchase some of the famous Yellowstone Cheese Curds, then back south through the bluff country along the Mississippi River.
    Exact route is still in the planning stages.

XJ1100 Ruby Red
    XS1100LH "Midnight"
    1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Wishing could, brother in laws wedding is the weekend before so I can't make it.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Pussy
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
        Pussy
        You just always have to try and pick a fight dont you Greg!
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Count me in

So far so good I have nothing planned for that weekend. I should be there.
          1979 XS 1100F
          Daily Rider
          DIY'r
          Minneapolis,mn

Comment

Motel Info

Same place as last year and same prices too!

Midwestern Motel
            7115 Martina Rd. (1/4 mile from my house)
            1-800-213-9136
            507-452-9136

2-Queen $63.06 includes tax
            1-Queen $52.37 includes tax
            1-single bed $30.99 includes tax ( only a couple of these rooms)

19 units

I do have room in back yard for some campers if your interested also.
            XJ1100 Ruby Red
            XS1100LH "Midnight"
            1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

MrDig,
              Great to hear. You tried last year but missed a good one.
              A couple others from your area coming also.

Send me a PM when your ready for my address.
              XJ1100 Ruby Red
              XS1100LH "Midnight"
              1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

I've got a few things going this summer, but i hope to make it.
                works been hecktick and shorthanded.

i passed on my 2 cent on routing, if you use it i hope everyone has crashbars. it's a tail twister, and it will give these bikes a full workout.

Happy trails
                1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
                1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

I still have no ride! Somehow I'll make it. I got some time to get something running.
                  68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                  76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
                  79 special (skull bike)
                  79 special (parts bike w/title)
                  79 special
                  80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
                  81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
                  81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
                  80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
                  81 650 maxim
                  81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
                  88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                  01 Gz 250

Comment

Well I'll be there Arlan. Not absoluetly sure of the other anal orafaces except Bigfoot.

Hopefully we can ride up together this time.

You aren't gonna make it rain THIS year are ya?
                    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Hope it works out Matt we have some really good routes to run.

Rain?????????? What rain???? Shhhhhhhhhhh
                      XJ1100 Ruby Red
                      XS1100LH "Midnight"
                      1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Originally posted by MindWebs View Post
                        I've got a few things going this summer, but i hope to make it.
                        works been hecktick and shorthanded.

i passed on my 2 cent on routing, if you use it i hope everyone has crashbars. it's a tail twister, and it will give these bikes a full workout.

Happy trails
                        Amy gonna show too Pete?

Y'all get the Ninja fixed?
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Just so you know what kind of scenery and such Cruiser has in line for you, here a couple of short videos I pulled out of some stretchs of the planned route.

Quality is not the best but it will give you an idea.

In the first video you will see a shiny spot in the trees just above the guard rail in the first curve. That is actually a convex mirror in a tree so that you can see what is coming at you around the curve. The video does not show it well but you are going DOWNhill through this whole segment.

In this one during the first third of the video you are going UPhill much more that it seem, the last third is DOWN.

Oh, and rain? It did not rain last year Greg. Remember, I drew a circle around the area in the Droid weather app and clicked on the "no rain" button. That was just a bit of heavy dew that messed up the perm in your mustache!
                          Last edited by Dragon Tamer; 06-19-2011, 02:43 PM. Reason: screwed up due to XSevive sobriety
                          The Old Tamer
                          1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

So it was the dew that did in the do in the circle you drew.

Gotcha! ...sounds like Dr. Seuss' nightmare.

Have a drink Gary..........you make more sense.

Gary......
                            Last edited by BA80; 06-19-2011, 03:30 PM.
                            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Cheese

I'm making plans to come after some of that cheese. Sounds like great fun.
                              It is a great big beautiful world out there
                              Brent in GA
                              Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Working...
                              X