No announcement yet.

Lost in Minnesota Rally 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are VERY careful about that around here. Someone may get the idea that you were stealing it and that could get you shot!!
    The Old Tamer
    1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Talbot View Post
      Careful you don't get too excited and start hiding the beer....

I'll take care of that for them when I get there.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

7 days and counting.....
        Any last minute attendees post up soon, we have room for more. I will be gathering the necessary supplies over the next few days.
        Plan to eat around 6-6:30 Friday night and tell lies until ????????

Can't wait to see everyone.
        XJ1100 Ruby Red
        XS1100LH "Midnight"
        1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

I will be riding down Friday after work around 5ish. So I will be a little late for dinner.

If anyone else is coming from the cities and would like to meet up and ride down around that time let me know.

Cheers!

1979 XS 1100F
          Daily Rider
          DIY'r
          Minneapolis,mn

Comment

Friday

Originally posted by mrdigitech View Post
            I will be riding down Friday after work around 5ish. So I will be a little late for dinner.

If anyone else is coming from the cities and would like to meet up and ride down around that time let me know.

Cheers!

I will be coming thru Cities of Atlanta, Chattanooga, Nashville, St Louis, and Iowa City. Leaving tomarrow, riding out of Iowa to MN Friday with Bob.

Brent in GA
            It is a great big beautiful world out there
            Brent in GA
            Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
              I will be coming thru Cities of Atlanta, Chattanooga, Nashville, St Louis, and Iowa City. Leaving tomarrow, riding out of Iowa to MN Friday with Bob.

Brent in GA
              Tod and I will be leaving Tulsa about 5 this afternoon for KC and stay at Harry's overnight. The three of us will head out to Cedar Rapids thursday morning.

See you at Bobs that afternoon Brent. Bob says we're having fish for supper if I read his email correctly.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I would love to ride but I just got my bike going and I dont trust it enough to ride that far.
                1981 xs1100 venturer... Finally runs
                Still has carb issues, but runs
                For all of your Amsoil needs go to www.mrguysoil.com

Comment

Stepka,
                  It is not that far, get it down to us and we will give you all the help you need to make it better. There will be some of the best XS11 wrenchers you will ever meet there. Not to speak of the best fun you can have at any rally!!!!
                  The Old Tamer
                  1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Yes Stepka, its not too far and you could have 2 others riding with you in case any issues come up. Myself and possibly another may meet up and ride down tomorrow after work.

Then you could see what that fairing looks like on my mix match of a bike. I think it was you who sold it to me?... full tour package white with hand painted striping...

Cheers!!
                    1979 XS 1100F
                    Daily Rider
                    DIY'r
                    Minneapolis,mn

Comment

Sorry guys looks like I will not make it this year. Was going to load my bike up but its not close enough to running to make it a quick fix. Keep the Lost rally going Have a great time!
                      68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                      76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
                      79 special (skull bike)
                      79 special (parts bike w/title)
                      79 special
                      80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
                      81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
                      81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
                      80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
                      81 650 maxim
                      81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
                      88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                      01 Gz 250

Comment

Originally posted by mrdigitech View Post
                        Yes Stepka, its not too far and you could have 2 others riding with you in case any issues come up. Myself and possibly another may meet up and ride down tomorrow after work.

Then you could see what that fairing looks like on my mix match of a bike. I think it was you who sold it to me?... full tour package white with hand painted striping...

Cheers!!
                        No I didn't sell a tour package... I posted one I found of craigslist though.
                        1981 xs1100 venturer... Finally runs
                        Still has carb issues, but runs
                        For all of your Amsoil needs go to www.mrguysoil.com

Comment

Oh man, was hoping things could work Matt. We'll have some extra cheese curds in your honor ............right after we get LOST!!
                          XJ1100 Ruby Red
                          XS1100LH "Midnight"
                          1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

On my way home from Dixon tonight I spotted a 80 or 81 Xs11 special in the small town of Wousang. Turned around for a better look! It was sharp! Very well kept with the Spaghetti pipes. Talked to the guy (Jason) who just brought it home from his dad. Found out he lives in Polo just on the other side of town. Gave him info to this site so maybe by spring next year when I'm ready to host again we could ride. Oh man I'm going to to miss out on cheese curds! Maybe I could talk someone into bringing some down on there way home! LOL maybe I'm dreaming now. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Take a lot of pictures for me.
                            68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                            76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
                            79 special (skull bike)
                            79 special (parts bike w/title)
                            79 special
                            80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
                            81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
                            81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
                            80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
                            81 650 maxim
                            81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
                            88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                            01 Gz 250

Comment

Great ride today, everyone back safe.
                              XJ1100 Ruby Red
                              XS1100LH "Midnight"
                              1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Some pics of another great Lost in MN rally.

We started off Friday night with the usual banter until Strabo showed up in disguise. Perhaps he looks better this way????

The evening was filled with food and refreshments and talk about the next day’s ride to Yellowstone Cheese factory near Cadot Wisconsin. And YES Tod the Lost in MN rally was run through Wisconsin this year. They have softer grass over there. Really glad your OK.

Half hour into the ride we got lost, no, correction, STRABO got lost. It ‘s hard to imagine how one person in the middle of a group of 13 riders could get separated but it happened. Thankfully Harry decided to count bikes and we ended up one short. We now fulfilled the purpose of Lost in MN rally even though we were in Wisconsin Tod. A search party was sent out to find him while the others took a break for refreshments.

A few route pictures

Video of a nice corner

XJ1100 Ruby Red
                                XS1100LH "Midnight"
                                1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Working...
                                X