No announcement yet.

Xssivley Lost 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could bring my camera, but it's gonna be tricky to hold it while taking stuff apart. Maybe you could just print out the tech tip and hand it to the guy? That's all I really needed the first time.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Pictures

Bug maybe we can get TopCat or Ken to come and take pictures for us. LOL
      Thanks Tom
      82 XJ DAILY RIDE
      78 XS1100E FIXING UP
      79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
      79 XS1100SF NAKED BIKE
      80 XS1100SG FULL DRESS BIKE
      82 XJ IN THE ROUGH

Comment

Workshop rally

For those that are coming to the rally there will be a car show Sat night that we can go to. One nice thing where I live is that things are close. The car show is only 3 blocks from me. You can pm me for my address.

Thanks Tom
        Thanks Tom
        82 XJ DAILY RIDE
        78 XS1100E FIXING UP
        79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
        79 XS1100SF NAKED BIKE
        82 XJ IN THE ROUGH

Comment

Anyone book a room yet? Which one, Super 8 or Heritage? Which place is closer to you Tom? How many we got coming? I plan to be there Friday mid afternoon or a bit later.
          XJ1100 Ruby Red
          XS1100LH "Midnight"
          1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

To me, cheap is best. I'm looking at Super8. It's just over $50/night. I woulda done a Motel6, but the closest one is in Peoria, 25 miles away...
            1980 XS850SG - Sold
            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

-H. Ford

Comment

That works for me Cbug. Will wait to see if anyone booked already. Looking forward to meeting you and maybe a few more new faces.
              XJ1100 Ruby Red
              XS1100LH "Midnight"
              1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Motels

They are about the same distance from me about a five minute ride. One is one end of town and the other is on the other end. If you get here I will find you. Pm me for phone number.
                Thanks Tom
                82 XJ DAILY RIDE
                78 XS1100E FIXING UP
                79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
                79 XS1100SF NAKED BIKE
                82 XJ IN THE ROUGH

Comment

Bob and I are booked at the Super 8.
                  Tom please PM me and we can exchange phone #'s
                  XJ1100 Ruby Red
                  XS1100LH "Midnight"
                  1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Rally

Well guys the Workshop Rally begins tomorrow 5/14/10 see all you when you get here. The weather is going to be good for us! Have got shirts for the people that ordered them.
                    Thanks Tom
                    82 XJ DAILY RIDE
                    78 XS1100E FIXING UP
                    79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
                    79 XS1100SF NAKED BIKE
                    82 XJ IN THE ROUGH

Comment

All packed, will leave by 7am and hopefully be there around 3-4pm.
                      XJ1100 Ruby Red
                      XS1100LH "Midnight"
                      1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Back home at 5pm after taking the long way through Iowa.
                        Thanks for hosting a great workshop rally Tom. Great food, great friends, a few nice cars and most of all an XJ with a working 1st gear, an XJ with synched carbs and a XS fuel leak repair.
                        Thanks Cbug for sharing your knowlege on the gear fix and planting that smile on Mic's face.
                        XJ1100 Ruby Red
                        XS1100LH "Midnight"
                        1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Rally

Thanks guys for coming to the rally, sorry it rained and we did not get to go for a ride Sat afternoon. Thanks Marshall for showing us how to do the gear fix on the bike. Did anyone get wet on the way home? My bike ran great after we got things adjusted right.
                          Thanks Tom
                          82 XJ DAILY RIDE
                          78 XS1100E FIXING UP
                          79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
                          79 XS1100SF NAKED BIKE
                          82 XJ IN THE ROUGH

Comment

I got home about 12:15, and it sure seemed like the ride home went a LOT faster than the trip there. I hit several pockets of rain, but none of them lasted for more than a minute or so, so I never even put my rain pants on. My mesh riding pants were enough to keep me dry.

I'm glad we had the chance to get together, and match faces with names. Also glad we got Mic's tranny fixed. One of the easiest ones I have ever done! Of course, having extra bodies to do the tedious stuff helps out a LOT! Thanks to Tom for hosting! Maybe I'll convince SWMBO to let me host one of these gatherings in the future.
                            1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

Come on guys help me out! I need pics to see all the fun I should have been having. Sorry I had to miss. Sounds like things went as planned for the most part.
                              68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                              76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
                              79 special (skull bike)
                              79 special (parts bike w/title)
                              79 special
                              80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
                              81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
                              81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
                              80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
                              81 650 maxim
                              81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
                              88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                              01 Gz 250

Comment

Here's a slideshow of the pictures I took.
                                1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X