No announcement yet.

Xssivley Lost 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like central IL would be Tom's place???????? He knows where to get good breakfast!!!!!!! We know he has tools.
    I've done my 2nd gear but don't ask me how long it took. Not something I could accomplish in a day but I know others can.

I'm still contemplating a "Lost in South East Minnesota" rally this year. Roads and scenery very much like the Wisconin PDC ride we did. I'm leaning towards an August ride though?????? I know some places across the river with Wisconsin cheese.
    XJ1100 Ruby Red
    XS1100LH "Midnight"
    1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser View Post
      I've done my 2nd gear but don't ask me how long it took. Not something I could accomplish in a day but I know others can.
      That's a 4-6 hour job. 4 hours if you have help and good tools, 6 hours if you're doing it by yourself with basic tools.

I've done it several times without a lift, and on the side stand, but it is a bit easier with the lift. It does not require a lot of space either. An empty driveway is all that's really needed.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Rally

OK guys SWMBO said I could have a workshop rally here. I will have the bikes to work on. Am going to have a weekend meeting, get here Friday work on bikes Sat, maybe short ride Sat afternoon, short ride (45 min)Sunday moring to get breakfast. GIVE me some dates that work for you, prefer early spring time range. More details will come later. Also let me know if you want to come so I will know how many people to plan for. Matt you have to bring the rally flag. CatatonicBug pm me for tool list. I would like to do a tranny fix and a carb syn, someone will have to bring carb syn tool.
        Thanks Tom
        82 XJ DAILY RIDE
        78 XS1100E FIXING UP
        79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
        79 XS1100SF NAKED BIKE
        80 XS1100SG FULL DRESS BIKE
        82 XJ IN THE ROUGH

Comment

Cool!! You're just under 4 hours away from me. That'll be an easy one. Count me in. How early in the Spring are you thinking? The MOTM rally in TX is in April, so would you prefer March or May? I ride year-round as long as the roads aren't icy, but I know some others aren't so comfy in the cold.
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

-H. Ford

Comment

Rally

Lets shoot for May. Will check dates and get back with you.
            Thanks Tom
            82 XJ DAILY RIDE
            78 XS1100E FIXING UP
            79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
            79 XS1100SF NAKED BIKE
            82 XJ IN THE ROUGH

Comment

Workshop rally

The dates for the rally are May15 Sat and 16 Sun. Get here Friday,meet at my house, will have cookout Friday night. Go have breakfast Sat morning, work on bikes, when done go for short ride.Will eat supper at steak house. Sun morning go to my daughter's restaurant in Manito, about 45 min ride. Need to know more ask here or pm me. Also let me know how many are coming so i can get food for cookout. I am trying to get T shirts made up so if you want one give me a size and number you want. Have not got prices as of now.

Motel info.
              Super 8 Motel
              2110 N. Main St
              Canton, Il
              309-647-1888

King single 66.61 Tax included in all prices per night
              With AARP or AAA 59.95

Double- 2 beds 72.18
              With AARP or AAA 64.96
              -----------------------------
              Heritage Grand Inn
              1150 East Linn Street
              Canton, IL
              309-647-9675
              Toll Free 877-647-9675

Single 1 Double bed 58.93 Tax included in all prices per night
              King 1 King bed 63.97
              Double 2 Double beds 68.92
              Thanks Tom
              82 XJ DAILY RIDE
              78 XS1100E FIXING UP
              79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
              79 XS1100SF NAKED BIKE
              82 XJ IN THE ROUGH

Comment

Count me in! I'll be there one way or another. Right now I'm having issues with the ignition switch. The 79 is on its 3rd switch, this one I got new back in june ish when I went to KCK for a rally. it is locked up inside so I can't turn the key at all. Going to have to take it apart and see if I can get it to work. The banner is in my closet waiting to be proudly displayed again.
                68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
                79 special (skull bike)
                79 special (parts bike w/title)
                79 special
                80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
                81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
                81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
                80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
                81 650 maxim
                81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
                88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                01 Gz 250

Comment

Originally posted by exquized1 View Post
                  The 79 is on its 3rd switch, this one I got new back in june ish when I went to KCK for a rally. it is locked up inside so I can't turn the key at all. Going to have to take it apart and see if I can get it to work.
                  Russ sold you a bum switch!
                  1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

It worked great for several months. I left the key in the iggy one day at work while we had a bad storm. Didn't think this would make it lock up but it did. will have to tear it apart.
                    68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                    79 special (skull bike)
                    79 special
                    81 650 maxim
                    88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                    01 Gz 250

Comment

t-shirt design

here is what i had in mind for the t-shirts prices are as follows
                      small to xl are 12.00--- 2x are 13.25--- 3x are 14.50--- 4x are 15.75
                      4x are the largest avail.

Last edited by Ken Talbot; 03-24-2010, 05:17 PM.
                      Thanks Tom
                      82 XJ DAILY RIDE
                      78 XS1100E FIXING UP
                      79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
                      79 XS1100SF NAKED BIKE
                      82 XJ IN THE ROUGH

Comment

Well this is a no brainer but i am there for sure. As long as momma bear says ok lol
                        1982 xj1100j

Comment

Tom, I'll take one XL. I'll take a second one in long sleeve if they are available. Thanks.
                          #1 ’79 XS11 Special
                          #2 ’79 XS11 Special
                          '97 V-Max
                          '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

I just ran into a snag. I have 4 different things I am suppose to be at the weekend of the 15th. I'm going to have to figure out which is priority. I have the banner and will get it to you Tom as soon as I can Just in case I cannot make it. I hope all is going well. I got to get out into the shed and start to work on the bike. Iggy switch is still an issue. I also want to get Barbs bike ready which should be pretty easy. New tires and oil change also need a headlight bucket cuz I stole hers.
                            68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                            79 special (skull bike)
                            79 special
                            81 650 maxim
                            88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                            01 Gz 250

Comment

I've penciled this onto my calender, depending on work and how the bike is running.
                              I've been in more than one Hemisphere, and I wrote a book to help you do it too (or just prepare better for that week long road trip). Going Small, not just for the little guys.

Comment

I think I may end up just coming up on Saturday morning. That way, I save on motel costs. I'm only 4 hours away, so I could be there by 9 or so if I leave early enough. I can't imagine anyone wanting to get greasy before 9am, right?
                                1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X