Xssivley Lost 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xssivley Lost 2010

Just wanted to start thinking about the 2010 rides. Opening this year up for input. A spring and fall ride with a hopeful repeat of Bob's unexpected rallie.
    68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
    76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
    79 special (skull bike)
    79 special (parts bike w/title)
    79 special
    80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
    81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
    81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
    80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
    81 650 maxim
    81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
    88 Zx 600r (Sold)
    01 Gz 250

Originally posted by exquized1 View Post
    Just wanted to start thinking about the 2010 rides. Opening this year up for input. A spring and fall ride with a hopeful repeat of Bob's unexpected rallie.
    Bob has is a Rally Big garage. The previous rides have been good. More of the same requested.
    It is a great big beautiful world out there
    Brent in GA
    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Ok now that I have plenty of time on my hands to plan out another great ride. Just looking for ideals where we should start and where we could go. I have a few ideals that start down in souther Il.
      68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
      79 special (skull bike)
      79 special
      81 650 maxim
      88 Zx 600r (Sold)
      01 Gz 250

Comment

lost

Originally posted by exquized1 View Post
        Ok now that I have plenty of time on my hands to plan out another great ride. Just looking for ideals where we should start and where we could go. I have a few ideals that start down in souther Il.
        Seems like we have been lost enough to wander into Wisconsin, Kentucky, MO, Iowa...what next?
        It is a great big beautiful world out there
        Brent in GA
        Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

well last year me and my group/club aka nozi boyz ( we are all under 25) which contains 1 harley sportster , a kawi zx6r, a yamaha vmax, and me on the xs.....we all went dont to sturgis and man that was fun... maybe a ride down to sturgis this year?
          _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1982 gs1100e "all business" cafe project
          1980 gs1000g "stock"
          1982 honda express "stretched 10 inch(my daughters scooter)
          2008 jmstar 150cc Chinese scooter ( wife's bike)

Comment

Originally posted by lee_dutcher View Post
            well last year me and my group/club aka nozi boyz ( we are all under 25) which contains 1 harley sportster , a kawi zx6r, a yamaha vmax, and me on the xs.....we all went dont to sturgis and man that was fun... maybe a ride down to sturgis this year?

I could go to Sturgis any other time then "Sturgis". No matter how much I beg and plead with my wife, she keeps giving the veto vote to allowing me to go down during the rally. You guys could always do a black hills run, there is some nice riding in there.
            1980 XS1100 Standard "Touring"
            Fairing, Trunk, and Bags
            850 FD
            Fork Brace
            Progressive Front Springs
            Engine Guards w/Foot Pegs
            Oil Cooler
            Throttle Lock
            Uni Air Filter in Airbox

2009 Suzuki Bandit 1250S ABS

Comment

Originally posted by BossMaverick View Post
              You guys could always do a black hills run, there is some nice riding in there.
              Black Hills sounds good. Although right now I would settle for just getting out of the house.

Comment

If Bob is willing his place is the bomb digitty of all workshops. 10 car garage with enough room for 20 bikes and all his stuff. Ya there is proof somewhere on here and closer to the black hills than I am. I have been sitting here with the maps and net but still not sure where to go.
                68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                79 special (skull bike)
                79 special
                81 650 maxim
                88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                01 Gz 250

Comment

I think Black Hills would be cool! I've never seen that area, and it would be cool to do some of the touristy stuff too.
                  1980 XS850SG - Sold
                  1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                  Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                  Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                  -H. Ford

Comment

Well I'm closer but it is still over 700 miles to the Black Hills. I was out there in 2008 and it is a neat place to ride. It has a lot of family things to do so it would make a good vacation for a family too. The Wisconsin rally was the most scenic and had the best roads but I'll go where ever you all want to go, if I'm not already booked up for whatever dates you pick. I'm thinking about having another get together here in Ely. It wouldn't really be a rally since there isn't any thing to see or any good roads to ride, but we would have beer.

Bob
                    #1 ’79 XS11 Special
                    #2 ’79 XS11 Special
                    '97 V-Max
                    '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Falter View Post
                      Well I'm closer but it is still over 700 miles to the Black Hills. I was out there in 2008 and it is a neat place to ride. It has a lot of family things to do so it would make a good vacation for a family too. The Wisconsin rally was the most scenic and had the best roads but I'll go where ever you all want to go, if I'm not already booked up for whatever dates you pick. I'm thinking about having another get together here in Ely. It wouldn't really be a rally since there isn't any thing to see or any good roads to ride, but we would have beer.

Bob
                      Well, beer...duh!
                      Who needs roads?
                      There are roads coming and going to and from the beer.
                      It's perfect.
                      XS1100SF
                      XS1100F

Comment

Rally

I would like too see a workshop rally here in central IL. Mainly work on second gear repair. My neighbor that lives 3 blocks from me has a 79 Special with a big bore in it that he won't ride because it needs 2 gear fixed. My boy and I also need 2 gear fixed in our XJ'S. I have a spare set of gears out of my XJ that i had fixed when i bought it. Also would like to see a carb syn.
                        Thanks Tom
                        82 XJ DAILY RIDE
                        78 XS1100E FIXING UP
                        79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
                        79 XS1100SF NAKED BIKE
                        80 XS1100SG FULL DRESS BIKE
                        82 XJ IN THE ROUGH

Comment

That would have to be put on by someone else Tom. I don't have the 3 important things for that. Space, tools, and ummmmm Know how.
                          68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                          79 special (skull bike)
                          79 special
                          81 650 maxim
                          88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                          01 Gz 250

Comment

I like that idea! I'll bring the know how and a few tools, if someone has the space!
                            1980 XS850SG - Sold
                            1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                            -H. Ford

Comment

Let me see what I can do. I have a 15x 20 shed that I can move the bikes out of and I might be able to borrow my friends full size air lift. Give me a couple of weeks to work things out.
                              68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                              79 special (skull bike)
                              79 special
                              81 650 maxim
                              88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                              01 Gz 250

Comment

Working...
                              X