No announcement yet.

Xssively Lost Spring 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do know there will be a lot of pictures!
    Roy Bean ebay moniker roy-b-boy-b
    1982 Xj 1100 2002 V Star

Comment

I made it home around 8 to 8:30 pm. Had a great weekend. I will be posting pictures soon as Arlan sends me some. I forgot I had a camera! LOL.
      68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
      76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
      79 special (skull bike)
      79 special (parts bike w/title)
      79 special
      80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
      81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
      81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
      80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
      81 650 maxim
      81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
      88 Zx 600r (Sold)
      01 Gz 250

Comment

Back home at 10:10 with 1,639 total miles. The XJ and the GPS preformed flawlessly the whole trip. I think the operator has a number of glitches to get worked out.
        Thanks Matt for putting on a fabulous rally and route.
        Brent thanks for insisting on “Garden of the Gods” it was spectacular!

At my last fuel stop a guy approached me at the pump. “Is that a 1100 Maxim”?
        “Yes it is.” Wow, my best friend had one of those new in 82 and I was admiring yours when you passed us a couple hours back and thought it looked the same. I was telling my kids what a great bike it was after you passed us. My GPS said 75mph when you flew by us and I wanted to keep up but……..”Naw couldn’t have been ME then, must have been a different bike.
        Oh, sure, must have been……. but you sure looked like you were enjoying yourself. Wished I had been riding with you. “Hey kids come look at this bike I was telling you about.”
        XJ1100 Ruby Red
        XS1100LH "Midnight"
        1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Now really, what would our rallies be if we didn’t have to turn around multiple times or traverse a few roads off the beaten path. That’s what makes “Lost in Illinois” SPECIAL!!!!!!

Roy thanks for going to all the trouble to hook up with us. It was great to meet you and you don’t know how close we were to calling you for your trailer on Sat.

Others may fill in that story with pictures….Brent????
          XJ1100 Ruby Red
          XS1100LH "Midnight"
          1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

I was on stand by if you needed a rescue. I believe i have enough in my shop to get things fixed.

Roy
            1982 Xj 1100 2002 V Star

Comment

Went through my pictures today and only a few turned out. Its time it invest in a camera and a GPS. LOL.

Looks like I should have Arlans pictures in a couple of days will make a write up than. Here is a picture of the cabin with the new banner attached taken Saturday morning!

Last edited by exquized1; 05-19-2009, 07:53 AM. Reason: pic didn't attach
              68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
              79 special (skull bike)
              79 special
              81 650 maxim
              88 Zx 600r (Sold)
              01 Gz 250

Comment

Just got my Pics from Arlan last night! I would lke to thank Arlan for taking all the pictures. My camera has issues and only takes clear pics when it wants too and thats normally when I take a bad shot or my finger is in the way.

Here is my story and I'm sticking to it!

The ride started off thursday night for me. I had planned on waiting till friday morning for Steve to hook up with me but he called and things came up and couldn't make it. I Packed my gear and was about to head to my sisters for the night to cut 100 miles out of the next day and hope to get below the storm that was heading in. About 15 minutes before I was ready to leave and Arlan calls telling me he's in Bloomington Il. I let him know my plan and he changes my mind. Thank you Arlan for letting me share your room. The trip to Bloomington was pretty uneventful except for being stopped by a cop at a stoplight to ask me ?'s about my bike. LOL! Thank god he didn't see me 5 minutes earlier!

Friday morning started off early. We was up and packed ready to ride by 7 am. Quick bight to eat at the hotel with the pending storm not far behind us we decided to get as far south to get below the storm. A few gas stops later and we had to pull into a rest area to put rain gear on. We had been dodgeing between small cells for a bit and decide not to take anymore chances. With the addition of a rain suit the storm cells turned north and left us alone. Breakfast/lunch was in Matoon Il. at a Cracker Barrell. We than headed down highway 45 for the last strech or our journey. We arrived At the cabin around 2 pm and was already contacted by Roy Bean. He was heading our way and we decided to meet him @ Cave In Rock.

Here is Roy and his friend Tom comming across the Ohio River on the Farry that we planned on taking the next day.

We than went around the corner to the local diner to talk about bikes and put faces to names we see online.

After sitting outside the diner for awhile we decided to all head back to our cabin. After getting back I remebered that I had the Banner and Roy, Tom, and Arlan helped me get it up. (Thank You Ez Nightrider for makeing and letting me use it.)

Roy and tom hung out as long as they could waiting for Bob and Brent to arrive but had to get going. Just 2 minutes after they leave Bob calls saying he was about 15 minutes out. We tried to call Roy to see if we could catch him before he crossed the Ohio river with no luck.

Bob and Brent arrived and unpacked then we headed to the nearest gas station 14 miles away. We filled our bikes and went looking for beer and food. The gas station didn't sell beer and the closet beer was 9 miles down the road but there was no food there. They recomended a local resturant that wasn't much more than a cinder block building. The lot being full of cars was a good sign. Had a really good supper with more great conversation and bike stories. After supper Bob and Arlan rode to elizabeth to get beer and brent and I went back to the cabin. ( It was getting dark and My light barely works) brent followed me with his Harley and high beams on so I could see the road. (Seven Deer later we arrive at the cabin). Friday night brought some heavy thunderstorms and alot of cabin shakeing thunder. At first I though it was all the snoreing but with the flash of light new different.

Saturday morning was nice out about 60 when we started out. First stop at Cave in Rock for breakfast. Food was excellent and cheap. The View (Hottie serving Us) was more than worth the stop even if the food sucked. (Arlan should have taken a picture while she was changing the boards). After breakfast we rounded the corner to the park to see the cave.

We walked to the cave with brent saying "I think its down there"

Yep its down there!

Anyone care to go scuba diving to find it?

Next we got on the farry and headed across the Ohio River. Arlan took these pics of the cave and the river.

68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                79 special (skull bike)
                79 special
                81 650 maxim
                88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                01 Gz 250

Comment

I took the lead on the other side of the river. If this was going to be an Xsessivly lost rallie I gotta lead. Well sure enough I did it again. ! Blowing past one turn after anouther. Ty Arlan of having the GPS and turning where I was suppose to. I'd look back from time to time to see the other 3 riders make the correct turn and would turn around to catch back up. By about the 3rd blow by I figured I'd had enough and just let Arlan and his GPS lead. In my defence I was trying to go by memory of an area I hadn't scouted. . Before Arlan took over I hit a bump and lost all power to my bike. In short order the guys had my bike stipped down and was working on it. My only thought at this point was "Did I save Roy's number for a tow and How am I getting home?" Well after a few minutes of investigation Bob and Arlan tought they had figured out my problem of a pinched wire in the frame. when they cut the houseing open the wire was good. it turned out to being the red wire in the vaccum advance that had a small nick in the houseing. Hope brent has pictures of the guys fixing my bike and me stupified looking on.

Next stop was Land Between the lakes

Got to see some bufflo's but didn't stop for pictures. They were way out in the feild. Little over half way through the park Bob and I was almost out of gas so Arlan set up his GPS to head us to the closet one. Well........ the gps picks the fastest way. We went down a paved road for a mile than turned on a gravel road for 2 or 3. Went up a hill and OH!! the gravel turned to Clay and Big Skid loaders and Dump trucks are at the bottom of the hill. 3 of us push on with little problems cuz the road is in sight. Brent on his Harley is having problems cuz he sits lower than us. So we wait for him to take is harley caross the path that we just road. LOL ( it was kinda like watching a rodeo)

We got gas and headed to Ft. Donaldson In Dover TN.

By this time we are a few hours behind. So Arlan leads us home useing the GPS. In Dover we went around the block 3 times. ( the christian riders group that was having some kind of prayer thing probally didn't like us.) We hoped on an excelent road to Bumpass Mills. than in Cadiz we went around the block a few times looking for gas. ( Now I don't fell so bad getting us lost)
                  Had a fun ride back to home. We stopped in cave in rock for supper at the state park. Food was ok. Service was way too slow. the bill !

Sunday morning started off early for Bob. He was ready to get home. Brent, Arlan, and I headed to Garden of the Gods! Here is some great Pictures!

And I would one Again thank Arlan for taking the pics. Cuz He's behind the camera none of the previous pics had him in it. Here is one taken at the Garden of the Gods.

Next time I'll have you fix your shirt first!
                  68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                  79 special (skull bike)
                  79 special
                  81 650 maxim
                  88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                  01 Gz 250

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics. I think you picked a good area for your rally.
                    Also glad you stopped Fort Donaldson

That ride through Bumpus Mills is a nice little ride.

If you are ever in the area again let me know. We can find some place to ride.

Roy
                    1982 Xj 1100 2002 V Star

Comment

Working...
                    X