No announcement yet.

Xssively Lost Spring 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just an update! Sending the money out today for the cabins so will be depositing the checks tomarrow. There is still 3 cabins available for that weekend if anyone is intrested and hasn't contacted me you will need to book your own cabin. I will still need to know your comming so I can make sure there is plenty of food. Roy bean has suggested anouther place to eat with a few more stops. Will be checking into them as soon as I get my Ky tourist guide.

The cabins are as follows:
    Deer Run Sleeps 8 150 per night
    Bear's den Sleeps 5 100 per night
    Cougar Bluff sleeps 4 100 per night
    there is a 2 night minimum stay.

Thanks again
    Matt - Exquized1
    68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
    76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
    79 special (skull bike)
    79 special (parts bike w/title)
    79 special
    80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
    81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
    81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
    80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
    81 650 maxim
    81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
    88 Zx 600r (Sold)
    01 Gz 250

Comment

I googled "land between the lakes" and there is a map that is "pdf" and lots of info. That is a great ride you are going on.

The buffalo range use to be by the "homestead" but i believe they moved them when they brought in elk from Canada. I have toured the new facility but i don't think i would on a bike as you pay at the gate and drive through roaming elk and buffalo.

Type "patties 1880s restaurant" in your google and you can consider stoping here before you hit the trace.

And when you hit Dover check out Ft. Donaldson and streach your legs. You can ride your bike to each display then walk the few feet and check out the rugged life.

It looks like your route back north might be going through Bumpus Mills,Tn. and that is a super nice lazy laid back road. Take it easy and enjoy.

I will be busy that time of year but i might be able to hook up with you.

And watch out for the Hillbillies.
      Roy Bean ebay moniker roy-b-boy-b
      1982 Xj 1100 2002 V Star

Comment

Roy,
        Thanks for the info. It would be a pleasure to meet up with you if possible since you've been a great parts contributor to my bike. Didn't realize we would be that close to you.
        Arlan
        XJ1100 Ruby Red
        XS1100LH "Midnight"
        1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

I live about 1 hour from the highway you will be traveling on. It should be a nice time to visit the area.
          I have a friend that is suppose to be visiting from Australia some where in that time frame.
          Hope to see y'all. Roy
          Roy Bean ebay moniker roy-b-boy-b
          1982 Xj 1100 2002 V Star

Comment

Update

I have been a little busy working on some small projects. In the past 2 weeks I got the kentucky tourist guide, Illinios tourist guide, My bike fixed(New rear dunlap elite 3, brakes, and oil)and pretty much ran over my route multiple different ways to come up with the best route. I still have a few bugs to work out but I did get confermation from Rimrock that the 2 cabins are booked for us. I need to try to figure out my dim headlight. I just got a new stator and cover to replace my cracked cover. hopefully this stator is better but I know the cover will provent the water from comming in. Riding season is quickly approching!

Stay tuned for more info from "Xssively Lost In Illinios"
            Southern Edition
            68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
            79 special (skull bike)
            79 special
            81 650 maxim
            88 Zx 600r (Sold)
            01 Gz 250

Comment

Had the bike out the past 2 days and broke down both days. I have either a bad wire under the tank or my coils are going out. Last night I checked and I was getting no spark but it was turning over fine. I wiggled a few wires in top of the coil and she started. I need help figuring out which wire is my nightmare. I am laidoff of work currently so any day any time will work but I am limited on space and tools. need to fix asap and pray it lasts.
              68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
              79 special (skull bike)
              79 special
              81 650 maxim
              88 Zx 600r (Sold)
              01 Gz 250

Comment

tinkering & shakedown rides.

Hi Matt,

Good thing you are doing those shakedown rides. Sounds like you are on the right track with wiring.

I just fixed the fender tip light on my fire bike. Bulb was blown. New bulb no fix. Wiggled some wires cleaned bulb socket, a little diletric grease -- worked. Then hours later not working.
                Problem was in broken ground wire. Found break, stripped & soldered ends, taped - Good to go. I hope your gremlins are soon bannished.

78 to 80 XS1100 would get pickup coil wire breaks inside insulation where vauum advance/retard moved &caused them to flex. Good pics in the tech section of this forum. Might be worth a check.

Good luck wrenching,
                Brent in GA

Originally posted by exquized1 View Post
                Had the bike out the past 2 days and broke down both days. I have either a bad wire under the tank or my coils are going out. Last night I checked and I was getting no spark but it was turning over fine. I wiggled a few wires in top of the coil and she started. I need help figuring out which wire is my nightmare. I am laidoff of work currently so any day any time will work but I am limited on space and tools. need to fix asap and pray it lasts.
                It is a great big beautiful world out there
                Brent in GA
                Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

I agree with Brent. Take off left side cover by pickup assm. , start it if you can and wiggle the wires and harness that goes out to the rear and see if it shuts off.
                  Do you know that you lost spark on all four spark plugs? If all four unlikely both coils would go bad at same time.
                  XJ1100 Ruby Red
                  XS1100LH "Midnight"
                  1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Matt,

What is the status of your XS? If you are still having problems, there is a chance that I could ride over tomorrow or Tuesday and see if I can help fix it. If I can’t make this week, I’m sure there will be some more nice days in the near future. Don’t want you to show up at the rally on the back of Barb’s bike. LOL

Bob
                    #1 ’79 XS11 Special
                    #2 ’79 XS11 Special
                    '97 V-Max
                    '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

Hey bob! I've been working on it today but its not doing what it did. I am home all day now due to lay off so if your willing I could sure use some more eyes. If nothin else someone to be with me when the problem shows up again. Steve is talking about takeing a day off to come out too. I say the more the merrier! I love to ride! Monday is calling for 68 here partly sunny. Tuesday 75 mostly cloudy. Let me know I don't have your phone # stored in my phone.
                      68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                      79 special (skull bike)
                      79 special
                      81 650 maxim
                      88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                      01 Gz 250

Comment

Matt,

Planning on coming over tomorrow (Tuesday). Won’t be able to get out of here before 9 am. Shouldn’t take over a couple hours to get there so I’ll see you around 11 am. I’ll call you if something comes up that I can’t make it.

Bob
                        #1 ’79 XS11 Special
                        #2 ’79 XS11 Special
                        '97 V-Max
                        '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

today was a good day!

Well it started off at fifteen till 10 with steve pulling into the drive way. we talked a little bit and opened the bike up. After looking for possible causes we decided to take it for a ride to see if we could get it to break down. We went to Morrison Rockwood State Park. While there I looked at my gas tank and thought there was plenty. Then we kept riding along some new roads and kept riding till I found a road I knew. While riding twords Polo my bike cut out. I slowly coasted to the side of the road. Than started to laugh. I didn't break down I ran out of gas. Flipped to reserve and road the last 4 or 5 miles into town. Filled up and grabbed some grub at the family restaurant. Steve then headed for home and I head for Rock Falls. I put a total of 128 miles on today with no issues. Hope pulling that loose cabletie out of the cover fixed the problem.

Bob you still more than welcomed to come out this way and ride but I am not sure if the main problem hasn't been fix
                          ed.
                          68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                          79 special (skull bike)
                          79 special
                          81 650 maxim
                          88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                          01 Gz 250

Comment

Hopefully you got it fixed. I guess I’ll pass on coming over today. Keep riding it and if it acts up again let me know.

Bob
                            #1 ’79 XS11 Special
                            #2 ’79 XS11 Special
                            '97 V-Max
                            '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

I got everything lined up. Bike has been running great with no issues (except almost running out of gas). I have taken it out everyday this week putting at least 75 miles a day with no problems. Next weekend me and the swombo are heading to KY and TN to ride the route and look for food gas and points of intrest. It should be an interesting weekend. I will also look to see if the road I had originaly planned on is closed. It is suppose to changing into a 4 lane this year. So route will probally be changing a little. easyier to get lost that way. And Now cuz of me always getting lost 2 of our rallie family have GPS just incase. Maybe I should check into one.
                              68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                              79 special (skull bike)
                              79 special
                              81 650 maxim
                              88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                              01 Gz 250

Comment

Oh no...will we now need to change the long standing name of this rally to NEVER LOST IN ILL?
                                Great to hear everything is working. Did you find the headlight dim issue also?
                                Will look forward to a posted route once you get it figured out.
                                XJ1100 Ruby Red
                                XS1100LH "Midnight"
                                1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Working...
                                X