No announcement yet.

XSively Lost in Illinios Fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok a little change in the plans. My wife desided she's not going due to work load at Rayovac ( hurricain season ). She promises to do the spring ride. So now that I don't have to wait till she gets home. I should be able to hit the road close to 1ish instead of 4-5 ish that I had planned.

Everyone have a safe trip! See you soon!
    68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
    76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
    79 special (skull bike)
    79 special (parts bike w/title)
    79 special
    80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
    81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
    81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
    80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
    81 650 maxim
    81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
    88 Zx 600r (Sold)
    01 Gz 250

Comment

On my way to PDC I’m planning to riding up to Red Wing and checking out lodging along Lake Pepin, for a future fishing trip. It’s a little under 400 miles, not sure when I’m leaving and not sure how long it will take. So I’ll be there, but not sure when (“not sure” that’s kinda like “I think”, do I qualify to work in a motel?). I’ll swing by the motel and check in. Then if I don’t find anyone I’ll join oseaghdha in the bar (Dan, I’ll buy the first one if you wait for me. LOL). If I’m so late that you all have already went out to eat I’ll call one of you. Don’t wait for me but I don’t plan on being that late.

Bob
      #1 ’79 XS11 Special
      #2 ’79 XS11 Special
      '97 V-Max
      '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

I called tonight and rooms are confirmed……..I think
        Only had Brand down for one night, I tentatively changed it to two but you can back out if you want…I think

Bob, Red Wing to Winona 1hr. Winona to PDC little over 2hrs…..I think
        Nice cabin set-up at Reads Landing southern part of Pepin
        Eddie’s Irish Pub 3blocks north of motel…I think
        I’m leaving at noon taking a longer route…I think
        XJ1100 Ruby Red
        XS1100LH "Midnight"
        1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

I'm planning to clear out of here around 14:00. All I have to do is finish putting the furniture back on the Red B!tch.
          Thought about running it nekkid, but it were cold this morning, and wet.

Looks like 70's for the weekend.

See you at Eddies. Maybe they have Black an Tans.

Ya'll drive careful.
          XS1100SF
          XS1100F

Comment

Just leaving now ! see you in 4 hours or so If I don't get lost.
            68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
            79 special (skull bike)
            79 special
            81 650 maxim
            88 Zx 600r (Sold)
            01 Gz 250

Comment

Home

I win!
              More later.
              XS1100SF
              XS1100F

Comment

Home

Got home at 4pm about an hour before my wife expected. As soon as I got off the bike out came the honey do list. I just finishe it up and unpacked the bike. Thanks for Planning an amazing route Arlan and thanks to everyone who came out to the ride. I would also like to thank Dave for riding out to mt. horeb to meet us for lunch today. It was a pleasure meeting a fellow xssive.

More Later!
                68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                79 special (skull bike)
                79 special
                81 650 maxim
                88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                01 Gz 250

Comment

Back home at 6 safe and sound.
                  HH from Barneveld to Arena was an awesome stretch. Tight sweeping curves and a few twisties and no traffic. Too bad it was only about 15 miles.
                  I had a great time with a great bunch of XSives. Great to meet you Dan and Dave.
                  Hope you all enjoyed the route.
                  Pics later
                  XJ1100 Ruby Red
                  XS1100LH "Midnight"
                  1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

I was lucky enough to meet the guys for lunch today It was great to finally meet some members! I had a great time and rode home with Dan. Here are a few pics I snapped with my phone while were preparing to leave.

Dave
                    1979 XS1100SF Special

Comment

• By the way Brent, I must have drained the air from my forks while I was dreaming. I went to fill them to 12 psi like you guys suggested, and they had 50lbs in them! At least they were filled evenly I adjusted it to the recommended 12psi and as you can imagine the ride was vastly improved

Also with regards to the metal fitting within the shock bushings someone had talked about making them. I thought that it was Da-Bubble in "My Custom XS11 Build (Photos)", but I can't seem to find it now. If you want those Harley fittings just PM me your address and I'll mail them to you. I also had to use a normal nut for the lower mount on one side to clear my exhaust. I also ground the other side down a smidge for a clearance issue that I can't remember any more about.
                      Dave
                      1979 XS1100SF Special

Comment

• It was another good rally and I enjoyed talking with other XS’ers and meeting Dave for the first time. The route
                        was great, as was the scenery. I don’t think you can get much better here in the Midwest. Thanks to Matt for
                        having it and to Arlan for the route and the other work that he put in.

Brent and I made it to my place a little after 4 pm. Brent left for Georgia around 6:10 am this morning hoping
                        to beat the rain that is coming. If he has time he is going to make a swing through the “Land between the Lakes”
                        country in Kentucky. His bike is still not running quite right, not getting enough gas to run at high speeds or
                        have full power. Runs fine up to that point so he will be taking it a little slower on the way home.

Thanks again to everyone that came, hope to see you all in the spring, if not before. I’m heading for Telihina, OK,
                        in October, if the weather isn’t too cold and there is no ice in the forecast. You are all welcome to ride along.

Bob
                        #1 ’79 XS11 Special
                        #2 ’79 XS11 Special
                        '97 V-Max
                        '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

• Great Trip Part One

I hit PDC about 6, or so.

They were expecting me!

The rain followed Brent in, so our big dinner plans were modified:

Hiding from the weather.

One horse town.

Bob meets the Cow People!

The Big Muddy!

How to take a left handed picture with a right handed camera.

Where's Bear Grills when you need him?

Perfectly good picture of Bob's haircut.

Snack attack in Minnesota.

End Part One
                          XS1100SF
                          XS1100F

Comment

• Part Second

It did not rain this night! Relax and Refit at Eddies Irish Pub.
                            RtoL: Arlan, Bob, Matt, Brent, myself.

I think Brent said something that made Bob's brain hurt.

Nobody came to Matt's rescue. No XSers were injured in this incident.

Brent finds the Swiss Army Cow. We make a cheese stop in New Glarus, WI.

Picked up a fourth XS1100FS rider( Dave) ! That's almost 150 years of experience sitting right there.

Great ride, great route, perfect weekend.
                            No runs, no drips, no errors. I'll let somebody else fill in the details.

Thanks to all!
                            XS1100SF
                            XS1100F

Comment

• So that's where you put credit cards into them newfangled mobile gas pumps!

Looks like it was a good ride; thanks for the pictures!

Regards,

Scott
                              -- Scott
                              _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                              1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                              1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                              1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                              1979 XS1100F: parts
                              2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• home

Really great rally. Plenty of good roads to ride and shopping for Wisconsin cheese. I spent Sunday night in Ely Iowa with Bob, left before dawn and got home around midnight monday. I did take an additional detour through the land between the lakes and through Clarksville TN. The cheese was still cold with over half of the ice in the water bottles still frozen. My luggage was hydro cooled for part of the trip, but temps in Clarksville read 97 & 95 at the two banks I passed.

more later,
                                Brent, back in GA
                                It is a great big beautiful world out there
                                Brent in GA
                                Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Working...
                                X