Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby got Back....her power!!

Hey Skids and others,

Well, I first pulled the differential and regreased my driveshaft splines, they were surprisingly decently greased...not bone dry as others have stated! Phew!

Then I proceeded to finish my Pod Filter Velocity Stack mod on the other 3 carbs. After I got them all done, buttoned everything back up and fired it up, and took Godzilla out for a little jaunt!

IT seemed like it was pulling stronger, was able to get a little front wheel hop shifting into second on one strong run! I had been out on it a week or so ago after I had done my clutch repair, but with the Pods just directly mounted on the carbs, and it didn't seem as strong, like the pods mounting flange may have been causing some restriction of air flow.

But with these new adapters, it was balls to the walls ! !
    So...they get my vote, and I highly recommend this mod for folks putting on the Cone Shaped Pod Filters. I'm hoping to take it to the local(90miles away) drag strip and find out how it behaves!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Do you know if this mod would be applicable to an XJ1100J? I already have K&N pods, but have a really crappy stumble pulling through midrange, 4.5K - 6K RPM.

Pretty hard to see without pulling a filter apart!
      Andy Newell,
      Enumclaw, WA
      03 BMW K1200RSA (Dread Zeppelin)
      1996 Triumph Tiger

Comment

Aha, they all look like 34's should be the same fo XJ's and XS models!

according to the specs pages of course. Off to Home Depot tomorrow!
        Andy Newell,
        Enumclaw, WA
        03 BMW K1200RSA (Dread Zeppelin)
        1996 Triumph Tiger

Comment

Working...
        X