I will go to my storage unit today and connect a carb "T" to the carb fuel lines and run an auxillary tank so I can be sure the carbs are clean before I fill the fuel tank. I bought 4 ft' of Tygon 1/4" fuel line and replaced a brittle fuel line.
Was good until last week
Collapse
X
-
1980 XS1100 SG
Inline fuel filters
New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
160 mph speedometer mod
Kerker Exhaust
xschop K & N air filter setup
Dynojet Recalibration kit
1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed -
Ok so I did the bread-tie sync method after I cleaned the carbs as I have had very good results with that method. I then do a sync using my Morgan carbtune. I attached the auxillary tank and got fresh gas to test. The oil light stayed on but went off. I did not lower the idle and the bike started no issues but then the idle started to raise. I shut off the bike and played with the idle screw and then it would not start unless I gave it some throttle. I finally got the idle just right and the bike is again purring. I disconnected the auxillary tank and added fresh fuel to the fuel tank and bike started no issues. Now I have a dragging left brake caliper that needs some cleaning.1980 XS1100 SG
Inline fuel filters
New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
160 mph speedometer mod
Kerker Exhaust
xschop K & N air filter setup
Dynojet Recalibration kit
1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installedComment
-
Yes supposed to rain tomorrow and my back is screaming at me. so most likely will work on the caliper during the week. I will start it tomorrow though as I love the sound of the Kerker exhaust.1980 XS1100 SG
Inline fuel filters
New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
160 mph speedometer mod
Kerker Exhaust
xschop K & N air filter setup
Dynojet Recalibration kit
1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installedComment
-
If you're going to pull the piston out of the caliper, leave the brake line hooked up to use the brake lever to extend the piston easily once the caliper is removed. You probably knew that but just a reminder.Howard
2001 ZRX 1200
1982 Seca 750
1983 Nighthawk 550Comment
Comment