cam chain tensioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radioguylogs View Post

ACCT are easy to find on eBay, or you can fix the original OEM for a few dollars:

https://www.partzilla.com/product/ya...63ce1d171ac73a
    THank you,Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyO View Post

THank you,Sir.
      But 10$ shipping? Not cool.

Comment

But 10$ shipping? Not cool.
        BUt thank you so much

Comment

I don't do ebay anymore after they refused to refund me an unwarranted $6 shipping charge. F 'em.
          I'm old so I can be an a hole

Comment

When you get the cap you gotta keep it and stop the leak.

I break cleanered the area and used gasket maker to keep the plug cap in and stop the leak.
            80 G

Comment

I did that years ago and its been dry ever since until I just went with the V Max acct this past weekend.
              1980 XS1100 SG
              Inline fuel filters
              New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
              160 mph speedometer mod
              Kerker Exhaust
              xschop K & N air filter setup
              Dynojet Recalibration kit
              1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
              1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

I don't do ebay anymore after they refused to refund me an unwarranted $6 shipping charge. F 'em.
                I'm old so I can be an a hole
                Hi Johnny O, If this is the case, then it would be an individual seller issue not eBay. However, all charges including shipping are clearly stated and once the "Buy It Now" icon is activated the complete list of charges is listed for you to inspect before you hit a finalizing icon. Once this is done it means that both parties have agreed to the terms and no other discounts or charges can be made. This is why your claim of an unauthorized $6.00 shipping charge is confusing to me. In my almost 4000 purchases and sales on eBay I have never encountered a similar situation. I will also comment that $6.00 in shipping charges is a cheap price when it comes to boxing up an item, going to the Post Office and paying their charges to ship an item. A small flat rate box is about $10.00 to ship from the USPS.

Comment

Ok. I removed timing cover, rotated timing to C, removed the tensioner, cleaned off the old gasket material-now how do I replace the plug?
                  lol
                  Have a new plug and gasket ready to install.

Seriously.
                  Thanks

Comment

Make sure the area the plug goes into is clean .Put some RTV on the plug and push it into the front. Mine before I did the V Max tensioner, did not leak ever since I put a new plug in almost 15 years ago.
                    1980 XS1100 SG
                    Inline fuel filters
                    New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
                    160 mph speedometer mod
                    Kerker Exhaust
                    xschop K & N air filter setup
                    Dynojet Recalibration kit
                    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
                    1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Originally posted by DEEBS11 View Post

Hi Johnny O, If this is the case, then it would be an individual seller issue not eBay. However, all charges including shipping are clearly stated and once the "Buy It Now" icon is activated the complete list of charges is listed for you to inspect before you hit a finalizing icon. Once this is done it means that both parties have agreed to the terms and no other discounts or charges can be made. This is why your claim of an unauthorized $6.00 shipping charge is confusing to me. In my almost 4000 purchases and sales on eBay I have never encountered a similar situation. I will also comment that $6.00 in shipping charges is a cheap price when it comes to boxing up an item, going to the Post Office and paying their charges to ship an item. A small flat rate box is about $10.00 to ship from the USPS.
                      SOrry. I wasn't clear. I bought two oil filters. When I rec'd them they appeared 20 years old and were obviously mishandled and dried out. I sent them back and the seller refunded me-MINUS $6. I said the item was misrepresented. Ebay said I checked the wrong box on the reason on why I returned the items and couldn't/wouldn't refund me the $6. SIXTEEN YEARS I used ebay and they wouldn't eat $6?! lmao
                      Buh bye ebay

Comment

Originally posted by oldyam80sg View Post
                        Make sure the area the plug goes into is clean .Put some RTV on the plug and push it into the front. Mine before I did the V Max tensioner, did not leak ever since I put a new plug in almost 15 years ago.
                        HOW DO YOU REMOVE THE OLD ONE without damaging anything. It sounds like you're telling me what to do AFTER the old one is already out.
                        THat's why I was asking on HOW TO REPLACE it. lol
                        I do have a new plug. Everything's cleaned up-meaning mating surfaces of tensioner and engine-I still NEED TO REPLACE THE PLUG :-)...and waiting reinstall, then let it sit for a day ( gasket maker says ) and then spin the engine again to make sure "it's smooth-even though it felt clunky ( probably feeling the pistons moving ).
                        Thanks!
                        Last edited by JonnyO; 06-24-2023, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Take an awl, tap a hole in the center of the old plug and pry it right out.
                          2H7 (79)
                          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
                            Seriously? Or are you *'n with me?
                            I feel like I'm being sent on a Snipe hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
                              The hunt was successful. Eating Snipe for dinner.
                              Thank you Phil.
                              I thought about it for about 30 seconds...and said no way would he make me do something stupid.
                              I'm glad when I listen to myself....and good advice from others!

Comment

I thought about it for about 30 seconds...and said no way would he make me do something stupid.
                                In that case you should probably drain your fork oil and fill it back up (to the top of the tubes) with 140wt gearcase lube.

1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Working...
                                X