Clutch Sticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEEBS11 View Post
    I have never had anything but problems with Barnett pads sticking. I hate the early morning "CLACK" when shifting into first gear. Like fingernails on a blackboard. They are basically for drag racing. Terrible for street use. Stock pads are the way to go. Barnett springs are ok to use with stock pads.
    Yeah, these are Barnett frictions and springs.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

second on what Deebs said, use stock plates, barnett or stock springs and you are good to go unless you want to race and have a clutch lever force needed with gorilla grip needed each shift.....ride on,,,,Mike in San DIego and Pa.

Comment

I have had good results with Vesrah. EBC is also a good product. These are considered stock type replacements. It's tough to find OEM new although a set of used plates would work fine if you knew the history. Someone here in the club may have a good set available. I just did a 2020 CRF250L clutch (common weak area) with EBC clutch pads and the customer is real hard on his bike. He said he liked them. Like everybody said previously, soak them in engine oil prior to assembly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19568973313...Bk9SR96J9cinYg

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (6).jpg
Views:	89
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	874384

Comment

right on DEEBS,,,,EBC, VESRAH are great, have used them, they feel pretty close to stock in clutch pull and smoothness at the plates,,,,I meant to say stock spec. feeling springs,,,,stock ones are probably 3 times the price....Vesrah has been rock solid in my old xs for many miles.......Mike in San DIego, Pa.

Comment

Parts n more has decent frictions, not too expensive, I've always used them with new standard rate springs with no issues.
            2H7 (79)
            3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
            X