Very fine bike on ebay right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
    10 yrs ago MAXIMAN sold his modified 1982 XJ1100 Maxim "Zilla" on ebay for over $8000...It went overseas to a private collector...prolly sitting in a museum collecting dust...so it isnt always just originality...Although that is what sells the best...
    Very true madmax-im......IIRC, it was placed in a museum in Switzerland.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

"Zilla"

Last edited by madmax-im; 01-10-2021, 09:55 PM.
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Wow! What a beauty.
        1979 XS1100 Special
        1980 XS1100 Std parts bucket
        1987 ZL1000 Eliminator
        1976 XS750D Project in waiting

Comment

Yeah, and you can't see everything that was done to it. I remember a HD being taken by that bike, and Cody had a weeks worth of gear in it as well.
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I have more pics but it took me 3 days to find those 2...Over 10000 pics on my desktop...One thing he did internally was having the engine bored out to 1196 cc and all the performance work was done by a top mechanic in Stillwater OK who raced Yamaha XS/XJ1100 engines in their Legends race cars...That thing was balls to the wall...
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
              Yeah, and you can't see everything that was done to it. I remember a HD being taken by that bike, and Cody had a weeks worth of gear in it as well.
              I remember that story vaguely..But no one was gonna beat Cody...
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Oh, you would have loved it! I was leading a ride, and this dude on the HD was trying to get someone to race. As we headed into the "rainbow tunnel" Northbound on US101 he cut loose. I could hear it about 1/4 mile in front of his start point. I was pissed that he broke ranks and raced, but after talking with him, it probably was the best thing he could do. The HD rider was on a $30K machine, all "pumped up", and didn't know much bout bikes or biker etiquette.
                Ray Matteis
                KE6NHG
                XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Ha! A clash of biker egos...
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I saw the bike on eBay and to my eyes from the pictures it looks very clean and nicely taken care of. I would have liked to have it but as of late I’m buying neglected vintage stuff that most other people have no interest in. They’ll wind up on the scrap heap if it’s not for a crazy like me. Recent rusty non running acquisitions are; 77 XS750, 85 GS1150, and 1980 XS 1100 Spcl., all are now running except for the 1100 as I’m waiting for some carb parts.
                    The ebay bike really looks nice better than any I’ve seen
                    Last edited by cnap504; 01-13-2021, 04:51 PM.

Comment

I can appreciate your work on bringing bikes back from the brink. My 76' XS750 (project in waiting) was in the family and neglected for years. While browsing craigslist for parts I found the 79' XS11 special that I figured could be a runner again with some time, $ and effort. Once I got it running it seemed to me that it was worth making a nice ride rather than a rain or shine bike.
                      1979 XS1100 Special
                      1980 XS1100 Std parts bucket
                      1987 ZL1000 Eliminator
                      1976 XS750D Project in waiting

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                        "Zilla"

That sure was a purty bike, Cody did an awesome job fixin that one up. I remember watchin the auction and rootin for him as the price kept goin up and up...

Comment

Originally posted by GNEPIG View Post

That sure was a purty bike, Cody did an awesome job fixin that one up. I remember watchin the auction and rootin for him as the price kept goin up and up...
                          Me too..I was going to make a bid on it but the price went up so fast that it left me in the dust..so to say..
                          1980 XS650G Special-Two
                          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                          X