No announcement yet.

Most expensive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see $8,900 for a can of black spray paint. I see a lot of bikes in this style that could bring money. This isn't one of them. Compare this to Kurt's bike. The detail isn't even close.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Hmmmm, rather easy to make the jump into instant criticism on the bike. What's missing is the starting point pics..... Right now I'm seeing an adulterated XS11. Need more info to judge but I'll use two likely scenarios: If someone, who's colorblind and has limited cash, got a mess of a chassis and few totes of "most of the parts are there" that would otherwise end up as another XS VIN removed from existence and put in effort to recover the XS to road worthy status instead of wasting away endless summer nights playing "video games" with a sought after digital 2D girlfriend on a high definition monitor, then I think I'd be inclined to opinionate credit due status. Or if a kid inherited dad's dust covered but otherwise just fine XS and a pile of cash then took it to some local "motorcycle customs shop" and convinced the owner to make it look like his newly acquired Mustang so he can take cool selfies, then I'm thinking.......... and the aforementioned sought after girlfriend was, still, not all that impressed so the attempt to recover $$ is now the plan.

Insonima, does wonders to the 2am thoughts, but..... I'm sure I would not free up space in my garage for this bike even if the asking price was paid out as disposal fee included....

Kurt, Compliments on the sweet build with your kid.

----Bax

3:15am insight: If/when the bike sells and the new owner joins XS11.club, starts a post with pics about his newly acquired "prize". Uhhhh, how do I stop laughing?
      Last edited by Bax; 11-05-2020, 02:26 AM. Reason: Added scenario ??
      80 SG, --- Slightly modified with EFI.....

Comment

...no 'time out' on the edit function anymore.....
        -Mike
        _________
        '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
        '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
        '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
        '79 XS750SF 17k miles
        '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
        '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
        '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

I really see nothing wrong with putting together a bike like that. And if you’re selling, you can ask what you want. However, asking that much for that machine is going to draw criticism.
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by tommystinson View Post
            ...Boss 302? Er, what?
            ”Boss, I am 302 brain waves short so I won’t be into work and am in self-quarantine out of shame”.

Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mc...254495661.html

Another expensive XS in my area. Cool looking chopper, not my kind of ride. They are up against some stiff competition on what's available for that price.
              1979 XS1100 Special
              1980 XS1100 Std parts bucket
              1987 ZL1000 Eliminator
              1976 XS750D Project in waiting

Comment

Originally posted by 2WheelFun View Post
                https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mc...254495661.html

Another expensive XS in my area. Cool looking chopper, not my kind of ride. They are up against some stiff competition on what's available for that price.
                Yet another no thanks.
                2 - 80 LGs bought one new
                81 LH
                02 FXSTB Nighttrain
                22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
                Jim

Comment

This bloke's having a laugh. $15,000 US. Joker. 2016 YAMAHA XS 1.1 MARTINI 1101CC | eBay

Comment

Ooh, that's a good one. Never saw that version before. Old school cool.
                    1979 XS1100 Special
                    1980 XS1100 Std parts bucket
                    1987 ZL1000 Eliminator
                    1976 XS750D Project in waiting

Comment

Working...
                    X