No announcement yet.

78XS rehab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish I could turn a can of black Rustoleum into $8,900. He wishes he could too!
    Last edited by jetmechmarty; 11-04-2020, 07:02 AM.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

• Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
      I wish I could turn a can of black Rustoleum into $8,900. He wishes he could too!
      Eab, Enjoy the ride! Going from MC permit directly to a XS11 is a bold step.

Marty, no idea what your saying here...........

Bax
      80 SG, --- Slightly modified with EFI.....

Comment

• Somehow crossed threads. Oops!
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

• Took it out for a spin today, beautiful weather and I decided to save a stamp and head over to city hall to pay taxes. On the way back, I look down to check my speedo and its stopped, as has the odometer and everything. Speedo cable seems secure on top and bottom, and it spins freely. Anyone know what it'd make sense to check? This is the first time I've had issues with this, and being a new rider I definitely don't want to make assumptions about how fast I'm going!

Comment

• Hi Eab,
            There is a plastic gear that doesn’t hold up well, especially after sitting. There are a few posts about speedo opening here you may want to check out.

—-Bax

Comment

• Originally posted by Bax View Post
              Hi Eab,
              There is a plastic gear that doesn’t hold up well, especially after sitting. There are a few posts about speedo opening here you may want to check out.

—-Bax
              Poking around through the posts some, looks like the nylon gear is a common point of failure as you'd mentioned, folks talking about having gone through several speedometers over the years... makes me wonder whether this bike's had the same treatment, and how many miles might really be on it! Is this something that is replaceable? I don't mind trying if there's a chance to rehab it - the speedo, odometer and trip meter have all given out so it's just a brick right now. As much as I enjoy tinkering, if it's got a 99.9999% failure rate I'll just swap the thing out.

Comment

• Hmmmm, next post, in search of 78 speedo? ---Bax

Comment

Working...
                X