No announcement yet.

HyperPak Performance Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To help ease the confusion for you guys trying to do this, I've posted a pinout diagram for the XS TCI here:

TCI pinout

PS, Cody, how does the Hyperpack achieve advance? No hookup for the 'Boost Sensor' ?

Comment

I don't know. How does it work on the OEM TCI?

All I know is it works. I'll post back in a while and let ya know how it runs.

Comment

Ok I took it down the road for few miles. Ran it through the gears and up to 75 or so. I can't tell much difference in the performance in the HyperPak and the OEM TCI.

The bike seems to run fine with the HyperPak. I suppose the advance is pre mapped into the unit somehow. If I get a chance I'll test it a little more.

I didn't hear any obvious detonation or pinging so the advance can't be too extreme. However, I am running 91 octane fuel so If I switched to 87 it might ping a little but I don't know that for sure.

Bottom line for those interested - IT WORKS!

I will tell ya this too. If something goes wrong with my TCI in the future I'll let Randy repair it if it can be fixed. The only way I'd use this TCI is if it couldn't be fixed.

Comment

Working...
        X