No announcement yet.

HyperPak Performance Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing curve and spark? Without data it's impossible to know. You'll know if it's right, though when you drive it.

Comment

That hyperpak should be quality - made by kiwis - so no more! If that unit runs the timing 5 deg advanced over the whole range, then what's the difference to manually tweaking the advance 5 deg with a timing light? It's what I did on an old 78E. Noticed a slight kick at higher revs only. Too large a dwell time burns out ignition coils.

Comment

hyperpak

hi
        these sell on ebay in australia as well and the oldist yamaha they say it fits is the fj 1100. hope this helps

Comment

Randy

I got the XJ wiring harness sent off today. You should get it in a few days. Priority parcel was just $.50 more, so I sent it that way.

Comment

Thanks, John.

Comment

Re: hyperpak

Originally posted by jimg1au
              hi
              these sell on ebay in australia as well and the oldist yamaha they say it fits is the fj 1100. hope this helps
              I talked to the owner of ERD - Wayne Gum - He assurred me it will work fine on an XJ. We'll see. I still haven't gotten the new plug.

Comment

hyperpak

it will work on a xj
                xj600
                xj750
                xj900
                all completly differemt motorcycles in australia/nz to our xs-xj1100s.
                if you re wire it it might work on ours

Comment

I dunno...go to ERD website and ask them. They say it will work on an XJ1100.

Comment

hyperpak

maximan
                    Brand new HYPERPAK PERFORMANCE IGNITIONS to suit 1982 to 1987 Yamaha FJ XJ 400 550 750 900 1100 bikes. These are a plug in replacement for the original unit and have a modified timing curve and inceased dwell time giving a better spark resulting in a much improved performance. NOTE:- The models are all different so when you bid please state year and model.
                    you are right it says it fits xj1100s
                    the guy who sells these is in australia and goes by the name of wayne gum.if it is fact and they do fit xj1100 they should fit xs1100 1981 mods.i will email him and fid some info out. will let you know the results
                    cheers
                    jim garvey

Comment

hyperpak reply

You asked:
                      "hi your ad states that the ignition will fit a 1982 xj1100 yamaha.the ignition module on this bike is the same as on the 1981 xs1100h yamaha. so will the ignition fit the xs1100 as well."

HI there, the 82 XJ models were using advancing TCI units which meant that they have no mechanical advance on the crankshaft. In 1981 they were usually just the mechanical advance on the crankshaft. If your 1981 model does not have mechanical advance on the crank then yes, we will be able to supply a unit to suit. Please let us know. Regards, Wayne
                      this is the reply i got from wayne hope this helps

Comment

Ok Randy

I got the 8 pin plug. The problem is the wires on the diagram don't match up to the wires on the unit. The 8 pin side shows 7 used. But the unit only has four wires coming out the side that should go into the 8 pin plug.

The schematic Wayne Gum sent is:

However the only wires coming out of the unit (for the 8 pin)are red, black, grey, and orange.

Any ideas where what goes?

Comment

This is easy.

The gray and the orange are obvious, right? OK, now go to your bike's wire harness, turn the igniton ON and test the bike side for +12V and Ground. Those are your RED / BLACK respectively.

Comment

Ok bear with me. I'm a little dense...that's why I'm a rockhead (geologist).

Yes the grey and orange are obvious. But then I only have a red and black...two wires left over...but the diagram shows there should be 5 more wires.

Odds are the red is + and the black is - but the diagram shows black/red...black/white...black/yellow etc. What?

Sorry for being so thick. You may have to spell it out for me.

Thanks for the patience

Comment

Ok...Randy just lined me out. I'll be testing this unit on Zilla when I return from a road trip to Monument Valley Utah (sometime after the 21st.)

I'll keep you all posted how it works.

Cody

Comment

Ok I finally got around to testing this thing on my Maxim.

IT WORKED!!!!

But I had to change the pin configuration to match XJ. They had that all wrong but it was no big deal because their wires are color coded exactly like the XJ1100

When I got them all to match it fired right up and ran like a top. I have put through the paces yet but I think it's gonna be fine. I 'll let ya know exactly how it performs later.

Comment

Working...
                                X