No announcement yet.

aluminum oxidation tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also saw the Myth Busters episode on Coca Cola being good for cleaning chrome. A few days later i was out on my bike trying it out and must admit it works pretty good. On the Myth Busters episode, they used aluminum foil also with the coke to polish the chrome. I tried this on two small areas. I learned that if you just rub slightly with the aluminum foil that it helps clean and polish, but I also learned that light pressure is the key because if you apply much pressure to the foil when polishing, it scratches. Its a good thing it was only a small area.

Comment

I recently tried, turtle wax wheel cleaner, I ve tried different wheel cleaners on my engine, and this seems to work best, they claim, non-acid, using nano-technology. Later 'Dog

Comment

Re: Regarding my tech tip...

Originally posted by 81xsproject
        I posted a tech tip about Al oxidation removal with NaOH (lye). I need to mention that the Al should not be soaked in the solution for long periods of time. It does work well to remove oxidation, but if left for long periods it will continue to eat at the Al leaving deep scars and ruin your piece, like it did my grab bar. Any one got an extra?
        I have a 1980 special seat grab rail that is nothing but in my way. It's yours for the cost of shipping.

Geezer
        Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Working...
        X