No announcement yet.

Who owns the fastest XS11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok so when the bike was new back in the late 70's and early 80's I had it over 130 a bunch of times. After all it was the fastest production bike on the street for a while. You don't think I would take someones word for it do you. Then the GS came out and my friends and I would have to constantly see who could do what. I hated those GS bikes....

lately not near as fast.

As Jimmy Buffet says " I can't run at that speed any more"

Jeff
    Jeff Korn
    Original Owner 79XS1100 E
    Yamaha Warrior has come and gone

Comment

• Re: zrx carbs

Originally posted by xschop
      Hi Ae7f, I still have been waiting to see if you got rid of that low end stumble from your zrx carbs. Are they the 11 or 1200 carbs?...
      Hi Chop,

I raised the needles one more position and so far, the stumble seems to be ironing out. Need to ride it a bit more to make sure. My guess is that you just have to be really close on transitioning the circuits. For example, don't go super lean on the idle mix and then regular or rich on the needles. I think I can compensate for the stumble by going 1 step leaner on the pilots and could probably put the jet needles back in the stock position. Remember, I'm at 5700ft all the time, and ride the bike over 9,000ft sometimes, so I can afford to go down on jets. But with the ZRX (1200) carbs, I just bolted them on. I assume them to be stock jets, which have worked for me.

XSBob, that is/was a great looking bike.
      1985 Yamaha VMX12n "Max X" - Stock
      1982 Honda XL500r "Big Red" - Stump Puller. Unknown mileage.
      1974-78 Honda XL350 hybrid - The thumper that revs. Unknown miles.
      1974 Suzuki TC/TS125 hybrid. Trials with trail gear. Invaluable. Unknown miles.
      1971 Honda CL350. For Dad. Newtronic Electronic Ign. Reliable. Unknown miles.

Formerly:
      1982 XS650
      1980 XS1100g
      1979 XS1100sf
      1978 XS1100e donor

Comment

• zrx carbs

Thanks Ae&f. Have you noticed any power gain low-mid-high rpm?....BTW I went over to a friends house that is moving to Austin. He showed me his Garage and had boo-koo parts( he's a chopaholic too) Anyways he had a complete ZRX1100 exhaust sysyem, a ZRX11 repair manual, airbox, and exhaust flanges. Anyways, I mic'd the flanges and they are exact for the XS11! He said, Take 'em, so I did. Then I got curious and mic'd the exaust header, basically same as the xs11 head except you would have to cut the inner 2 tubes and move out by 75mm. I guess he was feeling generous(more like LAZY and didn't want to pack them up for the move), so he threw in the exhaust and manual too....oh also some free stock zrx11 cams too! Anyways my point is... the zrx1100 exhaust header and pipe could easily be modded to fit the 11.....
        MDRNF
        79F.....Not Stock
        80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

• Not the fastest

I am not the fastest xs11 but, I have easily seen speeds at around 140mph +. I don't run out of power but rather gears.

With the future chain drive mod, I will see more.

I don't know for sure but MATH and his turbo bike may be it.

I don't know how fast the frame and suspension will stand. Fact is it is a bit of a brick when it comes to breaking the on-coming wind.

I don't want to be the one to find the outside limit of the envelope.
          Obsessed Motorcycle Mechanic / 29 year Owner of a 78 “E” model
          Restored 1196cc Turbocharged 211 BHP @ RWL

“Honk if you have never seen a gun fired from a motorcycle”

Comment

• frame

Make solid engine mounts closest to middle drive and your flex will go bye -bye....chain or shaft
            MDRNF
            79F.....Not Stock

Comment

• Engine mounts

I have solid mounts.
              Obsessed Motorcycle Mechanic / 29 year Owner of a 78 “E” model
              Restored 1196cc Turbocharged 211 BHP @ RWL

“Honk if you have never seen a gun fired from a motorcycle”

Comment

• solid

scha----weeet.... now underbrace your swinger and you're set...
                MDRNF
                79F.....Not Stock

Comment

• GPS speed log

I don't know how accurate they are, but has anyone tried using their GPS unit to record their top speed? My little unit keeps record real time and saves the max reading so you don't have to take your eyes off the road. Just a thought.
                  80G XScitant XStreme

"Don't ever give up, don't ever give in, and don't ever read the owner's manual."

-- Red Green

Bikes I have owned --
                  '68 Honda 90
                  '74 Yamaha Enduro 125
                  '75 Husqvarna 250CR
                  '85 Kawasaki KLR250
                  '80 Kawasaki KZ750H1 LTD

Comment

• Mine is undoubtly the very fastest!!

I had the keys to the XS11 in my pocket on a commercial flight. WooHoo 575mph!!!
                    What???
                    J.D."Jack" Smith
                    1980G&S "Halfbreed"
                    1978E straight job
                    "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

• Hummer gps's are extremley acurate, more so then your speedometer. But i've noticed that the speed on them is delayed by about a second. So if you wanna check top sped hold it at that speed for a few seconds so it can record it.
                      1979 XS1100 SF (production number 572)
                      1972 Kawasaki g4 TR-B with high and low transmision
                      1974 kawasaki G4
                      2003 Polaris 250 Trailblazer
                      1975 Yamaha Enduro 175

Comment

• once i get my front wheel balanced and the breaks rebuilt i will go above 110 and see what it can do.
                        1979 XS1100 SF "Black Goblin"
                        -Pod Filters
                        -4-1 pipe
                        -larger jets for carbs
                        1982 XJ1100 "Black Sheep"

Comment

• I gotta tell ya....I have actually had my bike going over 160 mph. Oh, did i mention it was on a trailer being pulled by a Viper!!? OOOps, I guess that doesn't count....sorry guys!!
                          CG Lisk
                          1980 X1100 Special
                          Standard Tank Conversion
                          Bagger

Comment

• i will go above 110 and see what it can do.
                            Try going 110 MILES and come see us next time we're all in your backyard!

You two no-shows.... you better be there for the bikes blues and barbecue thing in September... you are going to have to play tour guide for some of us! lol.

Tod
                            Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                            '06 Suzuki DR650
                            *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                            '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                            '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                            '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                            '81 XS1100 Special
                            '81 YZ250
                            '80 XS850 Special
                            '80 XR100
                            *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

• i asked last year if anyone was coming up for it but got no replys....i rode the XS in the parade...there was one guy here who was trying to sell his midnight special, i only saw the bike with the for sale sign....

If anyone comes for BBB I will have a giant cook out at my place. it is 2 miles from the main events.
                              -Pod Filters
                              -4-1 pipe
                              -larger jets for carbs

Comment

• Originally posted by trbig

Try going 110 MILES and come see us next time we're all in your backyard!

I have been thinking about taking a ride down torward you to say high.......hrmmmm
                                -Pod Filters
                                -4-1 pipe
                                -larger jets for carbs

Comment

Working...
                                X