Who owns the fastest XS11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photoshop

here's the picture i gave to the machinist, .....................!@^%$%^THREE MONTHS AGO!@#!@##
    MDRNF
    79F.....Not Stock
    80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

• SO the wheel you have spotted is it tubeless? It will have "tubeless" stamped on the inside of one spoke. I don't want a tube type rim.

Comment

• tubeless

that I am not quite sure, But wouldn'nt you want a tube doing top speed, I don't know about this aspect because I don't do over 90mph very often. I will find out though...chop
        MDRNF
        79F.....Not Stock

Comment

• Re: tubeless

Originally posted by xschop
          that I am not quite sure, But wouldn'nt you want a tube doing top speed, I don't know about this aspect because I don't do over 90mph very often. I will find out though...chop
          Not no but ...HELL NO!

That's why all sport bikes are tubeless. There are no tube type Z rated radials.

Comment

• gotcha

O.k. I get it, So one question, how fast can I go (safely) on blue streak with the tube in the metzler 880.....100? 110?120?
            MDRNF
            79F.....Not Stock

Comment

• Don't ask me. I guess as fast as you want. All I know is a tubeless tire must be better or they'd still be using tubes.

I mean they've obviously gone 140+ with a tube type. But just because someone has "done it" doesn't mean it's the best way to "do it" if ya know what I mean.

Comment

• Tired, ..............or what

All m/c tires have a "speed rateing", tube or tubeless

rateing below "Z"???, is 130 MPH

mro

Comment

• his eye is on the sparrow

Before I put this metzler on I had a ching-shen on the bike that I took to the limit, my speedo reads 140, but realistically was @134mph...checked by Hyabusa
                  MDRNF
                  79F.....Not Stock

Comment

• i have a 18 inch rear tire and a taller 5th gear plus my speed was checked today by washington state patrol (he is a family friend) and sorry to say chaps but 146 mph was tops and yes I am running kenda tubeless tires

Comment

• Re: his eye is on the sparrow

Originally posted by xschop
                      Before I put this metzler on I had a ching-shen on the bike that I took to the limit, my speedo reads 140, but realistically was @134mph...checked by Hyabusa
                      Japanese speedos are notoriously inaccurate. Invairiably they read high. If a Busa was showing 134 then likely true speed was less...quite a bit less...maybe 4-7 mph less.

However if your Eleven is like mine it's off by 7..except the other way! That's right my shows 75 mph dead on! But Mr. OHP in the sky (Andrew Hamilton...a family friend...but not my friend that day) clocked me via stop watch at 82 mph on the H.E. Baliley turnpike.

It utterly surprises me that an L.E. Officer would simply clock you at 146 mph for grins with no repercussions...friend or no friend. I got a feeling if his superioirs knew that they would not be happy.

Comment

• Hey xs4, Kenda tubeless tyres are good for another 20mph and if the paint's shiny another good 10mph at least. Coloured sparkplug leads add a further 10mph. The right stickers are gonna add even more...

Comment

• my speedo is not jap

DRAG SPECIALTIES & is ACCURATE
                          MDRNF
                          79F.....Not Stock

Comment

• Still haven't gotten my current XS out yet, but shortly before I sold my old one 22 years ago I had my speed checked at 137 on radar. It was massaged somewhat as I was selling bikes at the time. That was laid out flat, feet on seat.

Unfortunately the rader was being held by an Ontario Provincial Police officer, and he wasn't my buddy...

Don't anticipate finding top speed on the new one. Older and wiser (read:afraid) now.

Comment

• hey xschop your speedo is like mine was before some jerk snagged it of my bike guess he needed it worse than me! anyway I would like to see a pick of your hole bike looks nice, no worries I am not a car or bike theif

Comment

• pics

look at the "finally got them" thread....post pics of your bike
                                MDRNF
                                79F.....Not Stock

Comment

Working...
                                X