Who owns the fastest XS11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No ticket

Here's the best thing about that whole situation. About a year ago i hit one of the CHP's spike strips that they left on the road while chasing a murder suspect. Unlucky as it might be i happened to be entering the highway at about that time and i hit the spike strip they didn't pick up. Took out the tires in my truck. So anyway they said they would pay to repair them tires but i just said it was cool and i took care of it myself. The next day the highway patrol sargeant got in touch with me and thanked me and told me that they owed me a favor for being honest and taking care of the tires myself.
    So to make a long story short, they honored their word and them not giving me a ticket for this speeding violation was the payback of that favor.
    So i say thanks to them for keeping their word.
    Lucky for me the cop that got me remembered me from that day i hit the strip.

Comment

• Re: Speeding

Originally posted by Dan Hodges
      Batesville casket company,largest in the world and in your hometown,so boy you better be carefull on Mr.Max, or you will be getting yourself one.But I do understand,Max is sometimes hard to control.

Just to clarify, that's in Mississippi. Thanks for the heads up, though.
      Midnight Rider

1980 XS1100LG

Intruder Alert!!!

2002 Suzuki Intruder VS800GL

XSive rules. Ride it like you stole it, unless it's mine. Then just PUTT, PUTT, PUTT!!!

Happy XSing

Comment

• i dont know who has the fastest but i am sure i have a fast one around my area because i only know of a few other xs1100 around my area
        79 yamaha xs1100f standard
        best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Comment

• When it really comes down to it, if you don't have a chain drive conversion, there is no compitition with pggg. He can make his XS as fast as he wants it to be
          '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

• true i wish i had the know how to do the conversion and if there was a kit to make the xs a chain drive

Comment

• I just don't understand that thought process. I see you want to make more power to the road with the chain, but holy &*$(. I like to cruise on my bike, and a poor guy can't even hear his bike over that whiring frikkin chain. People hear a chain comin' before they even hear the bike. The humping up feeling of getting in that throttle on a shaft versus the wheelie feeling on a chain... I will never ever ever own a chain drive street bike again. You can keep your few extra horses. Only my opinion... and ya know they're like something else that everyone has! lol.

Tod

XJ110
              Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
              '06 Suzuki DR650
              *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
              '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
              '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
              '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
              '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
              '81 XS1100 Special
              '81 YZ250
              '80 XS850 Special
              '80 XR100
              *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

• well it aint the few horspeower that the shaft takes up over the chain it is the top speed and how much faster you will get there over the shaft because your gear ratio is endless with a chain drive over the shaft i mean i will be happy as long as i can get mine into the 11s with the shaft drive

Comment

• Trbig, dry noisy chains chew out sprockets and crap out within a week. Oil them, keep them tensioned - they're quiet and last for years. O ring are 4 times the price of non - O ring, but crap out exactly the same if not oiled. There's some real good stuff for chains nowadays. I spray on liquid chain wax every day if riding every day. Takes all of 17 seconds...a massive inconvenience it is... Stuff goes on liquid then turns sticky within minutes. Not one drop will fling off. Quiet and smooth at all times. If you're into long endless trips and big milages all the time such as touring or riding thru dust, mud, gravel and everything between, the shaft wins out for convenience.

Comment

• yeah but i think i would rather have a chain setup for racing and it only takes a min to oil the chain and your gear ratios are unlimited like on a shaft drive

Comment

• I absolutely, positively, unequivically, have the fastest XS on my block. Probably. Oh yeah, I saw 105mph in west Texas a few years back, loaded w/ touring gear and a huge bar mounted shield on the front. Plenty of speed left in her, no balls left in me. Not likely to do that again.
                      79 xs1100F
                      75K and counting...
                      76k...
                      79k...
                      80k...
                      86k...

Comment

• Originally posted by trbig
                        I just don't understand that thought process. I see you want to make more power to the road with the chain, but holy &*$(. I like to cruise on my bike, and a poor guy can't even hear his bike over that whiring frikkin chain. People hear a chain comin' before they even hear the bike...

Tod

XJ110
                        There are noisy chains and quiet chains and like pggg says they've got to be lubed and also kept in proper adjustment. O ring and non O ring chains use different lubes too. O ring chains have the chain lube sealed in so the lube is heavier viscosity since it doesn't have to penetrate, only lube the roller/sprocket interface. Regular chain lube needs to penetrate into the chain so it's a lower viscosity.

There are also different contours to the way sprockets are cut and this affects noise greatly. I had a set of sprockets on my 400 with which each link of the chain would make a loud click as it passed over I don't know which sprocket, drove me nuts, couldn't even hear the exhaust or intake noise. Upshot was as the chain stretched and the sprockets wore the noise faded away. When I once again mounted new chain and sprockets, no more noise. Don't remember which brand sprockets either set was. My understanding is that the "noisy" ones supposedly give increased chain and sprocket life but I can't for the life of me remember where I got that info.
                        Shiny side up,
                        650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
                        XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

• OK... I guess it's just a matter of choices. You guys keep it up. That way I know where to find some drives when MINE goes out!
                          I think if I lived out in Germany and the Autobahn it could be something I would consider... as a second bike. Those top speeds just cost too much now. Not scared of the speed at all... just that SOB with the radar gun!.. lol. Mine has enough (HAD) to run up to 110-120 I am sure... plenty to get you out of a tight spot if needed... I don't know what good 130 would do if 120 wouldn't get it done. Good bikes... but definately not the most aerodynamic ones ever built. I understand the playing with sprockets though. I lived in Vegas and had a YZ490. If we were hill climbing... I used a 14 tooth front sprocket... if mostly trail riding.. 15 tooth. That 1 tooth got me almost 20 mph more. Didn't play with the back...

Tod
                          Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                          '06 Suzuki DR650
                          *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                          '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                          '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                          '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                          '81 XS1100 Special
                          '81 YZ250
                          '80 XS850 Special
                          '80 XR100
                          *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

• Originally posted by trbig
                            Not scared of the speed at all... just that SOB with the radar gun!.. lol.

Tod
                            I heard that. Had mine up to an indicated 105 or so on the ride down to Los BaƱos last summer (still pulling really strong) but when I looked down and saw how fast I was going I rolled it off quick. I have no desire to go to jail. A windshield always makes it seem like you're going much slower than you actually are.
                            Shiny side up,
                            650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
                            XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

• Re: Re: Speeding

Originally posted by noeleo

Just to clarify, that's in Mississippi. Thanks for the heads up, though.

Sorry to say, but Batesville Casket is in Batesville, Indiana.
                              The only known XJ1100 Interstate

Comment

• Well today I finally got my chance to go against another bike on the bi-pass,

A custom bike (Big Dog or the like) V-twin was at the light, he was behind another car, so I waited for him to get around him, when i saw him coming up in my left mirror, I gave him the left hand point signal and he let her have it WOT- I followed with the same. He had passed me going pretty fast, but about 1/8 to 1/4 mile I started eating up the distance between us, and he lets off-robbed I tell you!

I signaled the "I had you signal" (me pointing at myself and then him-not to good at sign language) anyway he pulls over and I ask him "When did you let off?" He replies, " about half way down the little hill", and then he says " At about 120 my forks start going crazy" (I'm thinking 120 WOW! was I going that fast and coming up on him like that?-maybe.)

His bike didnt have any speedo or tach. I have to give it one thing it had good take off-bottom end, it had one of those about 4" belt drives and the big fat tire on back, nice looking bike, but i wouldnt trade for it.

Anyway my first simi-succesful roll on, and no blue lights-knock on wood!
                                '82 Xj1100j

"Ride for the Son"

< )) ><

John

Comment

Working...
                                X