Flasher for '80/'81 Special LED conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flasher for '80/'81 Special LED conversion

I'm looking for a recommendation for a NO LOAD flasher for the Eleven Special 4-way emergency flasher with LED conversion. I'm hoping somebody has that info handy.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
    I'm looking for a recommendation for a NO LOAD flasher for the Eleven Special 4-way emergency flasher with LED conversion. I'm hoping somebody has that info handy.
    That's the standard 2-pole flasher, right, not that weird OEM turn signal flasher?

Hmm.. how about an adjustable speed flasher at WallyWorld in case a regular LED flasher is to fast or too slow?

12V 2 Pin Speed Adjustable LED Indicator Flasher Turn Signal Light Relay Resistor Fix Hyper Control Flash for Motorcycle Orange Color

$7.68

-- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
      That's the standard 2-pole flasher, right, not that weird OEM turn signal flasher?

Hmm.. how about an adjustable speed flasher at WallyWorld in case a regular LED flasher is to fast or too slow?

12V 2 Pin Speed Adjustable LED Indicator Flasher Turn Signal Light Relay Resistor Fix Hyper Control Flash for Motorcycle Orange Color

$7.68

Thank you very much!
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
        Thank you very much!
        You're welcome!

Let me know if it works. The whole reason I haven't converted to LEDs is because the lights all work and the self-canceling turn signals need the 27W LERs.

There's also overcoming inertia to make the change....
        -- Scott
        _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

I used a 2 prong electronic flasher I got at Auto Zone. It works fine with my LED tail lights, I did keep the stock front lights.
          I was even able to make a self canceling relay and fit it all into the original flasher housing. All the lights flash at the same rate even at idle and the self cancel works.
          I think it was a Novita EL12 flasher, Ill have to look into my paperwork to confirm.
          Slow down and enjoy life. If you are in that much of a hurry, you should have left eariler.
          Current rides:
          80 XS1100SG
          82 JX1100
          83 Venture Royale
          86 V-Max

Comment

I ordered the one Scott suggested. It hasn’t arrived. The turn signals are handled. They’re flashing better than new. I installed LED tail lights while I was at it.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by mlew View Post
              I used a 2 prong electronic flasher I got at Auto Zone. It works fine with my LED tail lights, I did keep the stock front lights.
              I was even able to make a self canceling relay and fit it all into the original flasher housing. All the lights flash at the same rate even at idle and the self cancel works.
              I think it was a Novita EL12 flasher, Ill have to look into my paperwork to confirm.
              Being the most inept electrical guy in this forum I would kill for one of those LED self-cancelling flashers. I’ve put LEDs in the stop/tail lights, plate light and instrument cluster but not the signals (or headlight). In the long process of making a set of red stop/turn signals for the rear bags with a trailer converter and would love to use LEDs all around when that’s finally done.
              Steve R

'80 SG
              "Fred" -- TC fuse box, stock airbox/exhaust/jets, SS brake lines, Windjammer V fairing, Cibie headlight lens, TKAT fork brace, Showa rear shocks, MikesXS emulators

Former bikes:

1973 Yamaha 125 Enduro (brother's but I 'borrowed' it a lot, usually after midnight)
              1978 XS400E Red
              1981 XS850 Special (Stingo)

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                You're welcome!

Let me know if it works. The whole reason I haven't converted to LEDs is because the lights all work and the self-canceling turn signals need the 27W LERs.

There's also overcoming inertia to make the change....
                Scott,
                Your flasher recommendation was perfect. My emergency flashers now function perfectly.. Thanks again!
                Marty (in Mississippi)
                XS1100SG
                XS650SK
                XS650SH
                XS650G
                XS6502F
                XS650E

Comment

thanks

Marty and Scott for this thread. Will definitely be picking this up for both my bikes. Marty what did you do for the turn signal cancelling etc.?
                  2 - 80 LGs bought one new
                  81 LH
                  02 FXSTB Nighttrain
                  22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
                  Jim

Comment

Originally posted by cajun31 View Post
                    Marty and Scott for this thread. Will definitely be picking this up for both my bikes. Marty what did you do for the turn signal cancelling etc.?
                    Mine is a custom unit, I'm still working on it.
                    Marty (in Mississippi)
                    XS1100SG
                    XS650SK
                    XS650SH
                    XS650G
                    XS6502F
                    XS650E

Comment

Right on, Marty! (cheering)
                      -- Scott
                      _____

Comment

Working...
                      X