Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JeffH Bike Repairs - Colorado Rally Prep!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outstanding

Maybe in the pictures it looks spectacular and maybe up close it has orange peel but like you said, buff the hell out of it, shoot some clear, bake and buff again and it's GTG for years.

The bike really does look outstanding and now that all the mechanicals are right Jeff is going to have to bring back pictures and stories to tell you Kurt.

Congratulations and Jeff, enjoy the ride!
    79 SF & 80 LG MNS
    73 & 74 RD 350's
    73 Honda CL 450
    Graveyard - '81 XS850 Special

All of my bikes are projects, maybe one day I'll have them running.

Comment

Dude, very nice work. Love it when a member goes this far out for another. I'll buy ya a beer if I run into you.
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
      1981 LH

Comment

Let me echo those sentiments...Outstanding...This bike has made such an amazing transformation since Jeff bought it a few yrs ago...I am sure to buy you a beer or three myself...
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Jeff did the resurrection of this bike....

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
          This bike has made such an amazing transformation since Jeff bought it a few yrs ago
          JEFF has done a ton of work on this bike and invested a TON of money too. He's been planning this trip for a while and he got his wheel bearings, new tires, new clutch, oil changed, etc., all done and ready when he ran a little short on time due to several family commitments.

My work was predominately related to "Semi-Pretty Stuff", "Saddle Bags", and "Wiring Fixes". I did run into a snag with that very non-cooperative rear brake but otherwise I haven't touched any of the performance aspects of this machine. It runs like a DREAM! Honestly, in 9 of 10 instances Jeff is likely the much better more experienced mechanic and tuner of one of these than I am. He also drives one a heck of a lot better too!

I hope to get some pointers from Jeff on tuning mine as NONE of my XS11's nearly run as good as this one! I'm also hopeful that somehow I can arrange for my son to spend some driving time with Jeff and/or Marty so they can give him some pointers. He's about to graduate from the XJ550 to the DEAD DUCK XS1100.

Ya' know kids?... they will listen closely to Jeff or Marty but turn a deaf ear to Dad.

KURT
          Kurt Boehringer
          Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
          1978 - SR500 - Thumper
          1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
          1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
          1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
          1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
          1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
          1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
          1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
          1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
          1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
          1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
          2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Comment

Great job Kurt and nice to see JeffH getting a pretty bike to rally with. It could not happen to a nicer guy.

Look forward to seeing it in Canon City.

John
            John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
            '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
            Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Bike is ready... Georgia Rain Delay!

XS Friends,
              We haven't had rain in weeks (or so it seems) and every day since Jeff got back in town has been a rainy thunderstorm mess! Jeff put new tires on this bike which have "0" miles on them..... Not a good combination new tires and rain!

YOU TUBE LINK:
              https://youtu.be/VpyCNo0RtuA
              I'm not sure this music is Jeff's style but it does sound good to me! This kind of music makes one drive FAST!!!

The bike is ready to roll all we need to do is get Jeff together with the bike... She's anxious to make her trip!

Just an fyi.... Jeff is a little N.E. of the city of ATL. I am a little S.E. of the city of ATL. Between us is about 45 minutes of the most stressful, demanding, and DANGEROUS cell phone texting idiot filled city highways that could be found ANYWHERE in our nation. Definitely NOT the place to drive a motorcycle in the rain!!

Jeff and his "E" will be together again soon and on their way to Colorado.

KURT
              Kurt Boehringer
              Peachtree City, Georgia

1978 - SR500 - Thumper
              1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
              1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis

Comment

The bike looks good and so does the sign!

Jeff's no stranger to wet roads. At the XS SE rally we were doing some spirited riding to go meet up with the main group and when we came around one blind corner we discovered a waterfall that was running across the road and over the cliff to the right. That was fun!

-- Scott
                _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                1979 XS1100F: parts
                2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Pick up Shiny 11E

Today there are no torrential severe T-Storm gully washers like the past few days. I'm finally back home after being gone 2 1/2 weeks. In fact on the train heading south right now to Kurt's. Marty was gracious to give me a ride to Atlanta's north side train and Kurt picking me up on the south side of ATL. Traffic is just too horrendous to cage it down.

My bike was extensively COSMETICALLY challenged. Thanks to Kurt that issue is gone.

Anxious to hang out with Kurt a bit then ride it home after traffic is better. Like 8pm.

Jeff
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                  '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                  '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Long Ride

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
                    Today there are no torrential severe T-Storm gully washers like the past few days. I'm finally back home after being gone 2 1/2 weeks. In fact on the train heading south right now to Kurt's. Marty was gracious to give me a ride to Atlanta's north side train and Kurt picking me up on the south side of ATL. Traffic is just too horrendous to cage it down.

My bike was extensively COSMETICALLY challenged. Thanks to Kurt that issue is gone.

Anxious to hang out with Kurt a bit then ride it home after traffic is better. Like 8pm.

Jeff
                    Good job by Kurt on the E. Good luck to you Jeff on your upcoming Colorado adventure. Would like to ride out with you, but......... Be safe - have fun. Send us pictures and ride reports.
                    1981 XS1100H Venturer
                    K&N Air Filter
                    ACCT
                    Custom Paint by Deitz
                    Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                    Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                    Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                    Stebel Nautilus Horn
                    EBC Front Rotors
                    Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

Jeff...wishing you lots more miles and smiles...Kurt is clearly the best...if a job needs to be done right Kurt is da man...."In Kurt We Trust"...I have had more than a just a passing interest in outcome of this project. ...
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Way to go Kurt! Very very good of you. Nice
                        80 SG
                        81 SH in parts
                        99 ST1100
                        91 ST1100

Comment

Colorado or BUST!

Our Friend is on his way home with the "E".

This guy is really looking forward to seeing his friends in Colorado!
                          Kurt Boehringer
                          Peachtree City, Georgia

1978 - SR500 - Thumper
                          1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
                          1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis

Comment

Just a stupid question Kurt....is there safety cables on those saddle bag lids?
                            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by kboehringer View Post
                              Our Friend is on his way home with the "E".

This guy is really looking forward to seeing his friends in Colorado!
                              I just rode the 45 miles north across Atlanta to get home. Beautiful sunset ride. All the mechanical stuff I did on the bike in June seems to be ok. Bike went straight to Kurt after that and was never ridden. Wheel bearings, tires, balancing, clutch (pull rear motor mount) etc. Nothing rattling or clanking. But in seven lanes of congested high speed traffic going 80 its hard to hear anything.

Whats great is the bike is no longer cosmetically challenged. NO Speed Tape holding on side covers and other stuff, NO garbage bags on the lids, NO woops or whatever the PO was doing in dinging up paint. IT SHINES. THANKS KURT. Plus Kurt put in a new fuse box and removed some mystery wiring laying around in the fairing. THANKS KURT. Weather Radio that Kurt installed for me is perfect. LD rider needs real time Tornado info. Saved my bacon a few times riding in Texas (on my GL1800).

I'm pretty lazy and really never wash any of my bikes. Really not ever. But now I have to keep this one looking nice & shiny like it is right now. I will ride the bike a bit tomorrow just to make sure. I rode the bike to Key West Rally in February. It was fine then so I'm just going to let sleeping dogs lie and head to Colorado on Sunday AM.

Jeff
                              Last edited by JeffH; 07-07-2016, 08:12 PM.
                              78' XS1100 E
                              78' XS1100 E
                              78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                              '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                              '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                                Just a stupid question Kurt....is there safety cables on those saddle bag lids?
                                Those come in handy for sure. I used mine already!
                                Tim
                                1979 xs1100sf black.
                                1973 Harley fx.
                                2005 Honda 450x.

Comment

Working...
                                X