Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2-79 XS1100 SF
    2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
    80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
    Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Special exhaust for 79

factory chromed weld

79 1100 SF Carmine Red stock
      85 Honda v65 Magna
      70 Yamaha HS1 90cc twin Californian Orange
      02 Road King (retirement gift)
      First bike-s 2-1967 Yamaha YM2C Big Bear Scramblers

Comment

Interesting pic vedgar, but as I previously stated, won't work on 81 Venturer or 81Special as neither of that yr. model has any extension of collector in order to slip pipe on........unless a welded on 3" collector extension is added prior.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

What part of "replacement part" don't you understand Brant. This pipe I have came off of a Special.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
            What part of "replacement part" don't you understand Brant. This pipe I have came off of a Special.
            What part of post#18 did you not understand Greg?
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Brant, it was redesigned to FIT where the original did. This is a Yamaha FACTORY replacement but as I said, redesigned so the muffler can be separated from the header pipes.

This one I have is the right side and it was on a Special that still had the original solid left side exhaust on it. I didn't even know there was a difference until I examined the closely.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Okay, got it now Greg. Just was knowing that there was never an original exhaust on any XS11 that came that way from factory....cept for the XJ11.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                  Okay, got it now Greg. Just was knowing that there was never an original exhaust on any XS11 that came that way from factory....cept for the XJ11.
                  Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Images of the INSIDE of the OEM mufflers

Capton Zap had sent these to me a week or so ago, finally got around to putting them up on the site's server, and thought this would be a good place/thread to post them! They show the complexity of the OEM mufflers and it's internal baffle system!

T.C.
                    T. C. Gresham
                    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                    History shows again and again,
                    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

That's interesting TC. Much more complicated than I imagined but they must be engineered to be free flowing.

These are the baffles that are in the brand new Mac flare tip exhaust I just put on my bike. I've been running a noisy straight through set of short mufflers and the bike runs GREAT with them since I discovered the power loss I was having was because of exhaust restriction in the Mac turnouts I had on there.

Even these are too restrictive. I put the new system on with the mufflers with these and my WOT stumble was back again. I am building some straight through perforated baffles that will basically be glass packs only they will be packed with SS wool.
                      Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Hey Greg,

The 4-1 Mac system I have doesn't even have that convoluted style of baffle, just a straight vented tube going to the end plate. Instead of MAKING baffles, why not just VENT/Drill the ones you have thru the sides of the tubes??

T.C.
                        T. C. Gresham
                        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                        History shows again and again,
                        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

That is the exact baffle that was in my Mac 4 into 1 on the green bike. It had the same stumble but not quite as bad as I recall.

I hated the way it sounded.
                          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                          X