Cheap mikuni jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap mikuni jets

Been researching jetting for a '78 carb, and ended-up ordering 45 Pilot Jets and 137.5 Main Jets from Amazon. Both sets priced @ $12 for 4. Quite a deal!
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Jets

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
    Been researching jetting for a '78 carb, and ended-up ordering 45 Pilot Jets and 137.5 Main Jets from Amazon. Both sets priced @ $12 for 4. Quite a deal!
    Do you have a link for those jets?
    1981 XS1100H Venturer
    K&N Air Filter
    ACCT
    Custom Paint by Deitz
    Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
    Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
    Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
    Stebel Nautilus Horn
    EBC Front Rotors
    Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      1979 XS1100F
      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

It's funny that the picture of the Jets sold by miking on amazon have the R&D logo on them.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
          It's funny that the picture of the Jets sold by miking on amazon have the R&D logo on them.
          Noticed that.......RD's are really close in metered sizing to the Genuine Mikuni, least closer than K&L's. Still a bit oversized in comparison, but will get things back up and runnin' fairly decent if cost has to be the trade-off.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Cost was not necessarily a factor for me. Hopefully the pic is wrong, and they are indeed Genuine Mikuni jets.
            1979 XS1100F

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
              Cost was not necessarily a factor for me. Hopefully the pic is wrong, and they are indeed Genuine Mikuni jets.
              You will find out when you get them.
              Nathan
              KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
              K&N Filter
              #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
              OEM Exhaust
              ATK Fork Brace
              LED Dash lights
              Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
              SS Brake Lines
              Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Jets

Make sure you come back and let us know if they are genuine!
                mack
                79 XS 1100 SF Special
                HERMES
                original owner
                http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6932d5df.jpg

81 XS 1100 LH MNS
                SPICA
                http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad305/mack-055/2.jpg

78 XS 11E
                IOTA
                https://youtu.be/wB5Jfbp6SUc
                https://youtu.be/RaI3WYHSuWA

Have recovery trailer and shop if you breakdown in my area.
                Frankford, Ont, Canada
                613-398-6186

Comment

Ian:

I'm a little worried when I see the holes on the side of the pilot jets have the 2-2-2-2 pattern. The original Mikuni seem to have the 1-2-1-2 pattern.

I think we agree the holes themselves aren't used in our carb design, but the 2-2-2-2 pattern may have the wrong jet opening for the stated size.

WMarshy had an informative post about it, but I didn't find it right away.

Hope you jets turn out to be what you hoped.
                  -Mike
                  _________
                  '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                  '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                  '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
                  '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                  '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
                  '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
                  '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Mike- Amazon or whoever is using EBC 's RD jet as the image for the jet. The description for the jet is "Mikuni", so we'll see what exactly is in-error. Hopefully the image.
                    1979 XS1100F

Comment

So Ian, did you get them yet and do you have pics? Amazon is usually good on returning items if they are incorrect.
                      Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

They will arrive on Tuesday Thumper. Will def keep u guys posted.
                        1979 XS1100F

Comment

Update

For those curious, the links I provided are for GENUINE MIKUNI jets. I received both Main & Pilots today.

Mike- The hole pattern is indeed 1-2-1-2. Happy Jet-purchasing!
                          1979 XS1100F

Comment

Yeah! ....For you and for others in the future.

Thanks for reporting your find.
                            -Mike
                            _________
                            '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                            '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                            '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
                            '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                            '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
                            '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
                            '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Jets?

Here is my problem.

My highly customized 79 XS 1100 is not firing on the number 3 cyl.
                              The engine runs very rich and I have changed the spark plugs three times and they still coke up with soot.

I have spark and compression. Spark plug is firing. On number 3

Upon disassembling the carbs I find:
                              The air idle adj. is turned down to 1/2 turn out ( it should be 2.5 turns out ?)

Number 110 main jets, three pilot jets are the 2.2.2.2 style and the number 3 carbs jet is a 1.2.1.2 style and is older than the other three and plugged with debris.

Why would some use 110 vs 137.5 mains? and what style pilot jet is the correct
                              jet ( the 2.2.2.2 or the 1.2.1.2 )?
                              78E, 79F, 80G

Comment

Working...
                              X