My '79 XS1100 SF Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sail4free View Post
    Once I'm retired (end of Oct), I'll -- for sueven framing up for a 4' wide opening in one side of my new 12x16 shed I'm building so I can get her IN there.
    Hah! I did the very thing a couple years ago. When I added my Fall windscreen, I never wanted to drive it through the door opening which worked. Moved since then.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

New Fuel Line Issues

==========
      We eliminated the octy and did the fuel line routing where the fuel from right petcock goes up through an inline filter between #1 and #2 carbs and then arches down to feed into the Tee between #3 and #4. (Identical arrangement feeds 1&2 from the left petcock.) The lines are clear and I'm seeing a LOT more air than fuel *and* the bike is running like crap.
      ==========
      I'm tempted to simplify: put the inline filter right below the petcock (flow arrow pointing down) with a simple loop up to the Tee between 1&2 . . . with a similar arrangement for the left petcock feeding 3&4. I know from experience with another project that enough air in the highest part of a siphon tube nukes the siphon action completely. I'm not convinced the slight elevation of the tank above the carbs is enough to overpower this 'air lock' which is visible in the more complicated arrangement. What say you?
      JIM P.
      ==========
      PS -- There are no clamps at all on *any* of this . . . are clamps optional with new fuel lines? They do seem to take a bit of effort to pull off the barbs.
      ==========
      79 SF

Comment

No octi

took it out. Put the filters (little clear ones w/brass bead) about 3" from the Ts, no problem.
        Is your tank near full ?
        Do you have the petcocks on ON, RES, or PRI. ?
        I'm running the UNI foam air filters and the only way to route left was between 1/2 carbs filters to 3/4 and opp. from rt. petcock.
        76 XS650 C ROADSTER
        80 XS650 G Special II
        https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
        80 XS 1100 SG
        81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
        https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
        AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

Fuel Line Routing

Originally posted by donebysunday View Post
          Put the filters (little clear ones w/brass bead) about 3" from the Ts, no problem. Is your tank near full ? Do you have the petcocks on ON, RES, or PRI. ? I'm running the UNI foam air filters and the only way to route left was between 1/2 carbs filters to 3/4 and opp. from rt. petcock.
          ==========
          I doubt my tank cap seal is 100% so I only put two gallons of ethanol-free gas in it. The petcocks were ON; the PRI position has been capped. I'm running the UNI pods as well and the angle of the petcock fitting forces the line down between the two carbs closest to it. Assuming the Ts can be rotated downward (to feed them from below), I could put the inline filters kinda' below the air pods -- sounds like that is how yours are?
          ==========
          That will simplify the fuel line routing greatly -- and avoid those arching high siphon loops which I think are causing me some grief.
          JIM P.
          ==========
          79 SF

Comment

Working...
          X