Headlight relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight relay

80 model xs11sg.....headlight relay went south......quit working.....replacement price looks way high for a small part........relay#1469d.....any ideas for replacement,conversion,or modificatin...thankz a mil

Here is some information that you might find useful. I took out the relays in all three of my xs11's:

http://home.earthlink.net/~sidskids/relay/relay.htm
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Headlight relay

Skids......thanks for the info.....any numbers on that five pin relay?

Comment

Re: Headlight relay

No. I got it at Autozone near the auxiliary lighting department. It is a "30 amp" lighting relay. I just slid the ond one off of the prong, and drilled a hole in that prong to mount the new one. It is probably the closest thing located near the steering head tube. I think if you removing the reserve lighting unit, the running lights will also be switched... There is a link on that same website to do that.

Originally posted by jackstarr
        Skids......thanks for the info.....any numbers on that five pin relay?
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

"I just slid the ond one off of the prong"

That should read, "I just slid the old one off of the prong"
          Skids (Sid Hansen)

Comment

Skids.......thanks again.Nice web site,Saved $61+ so I guess it's time a new tire........later

Comment

Working...
            X