It matches the part number that Wiseco provides in their 1196 kit

http://www.wiseco.com/ProductDetail....979&AppID=8824
    '79 Yamaha XS11 SF (project)
    '11 Harley Nightster (street)
    '03 KTM 125sx (dirt)
    '03 Suzuki GSXR-600 (track)
    '73 Jawa Californian (collecting dust)

Comment

I decided not to bother trying the RTV because who knows how long that'll last for, so I pulled the head completely off and there was indeed a tear in the front of the gasket. Out of curiosity, I pulled out the stock head gasket to compare it to the Wiseco one and they're not that far off. The Wiseco is in the foreground and the "stock" is behind it. Can I chance it or just order a Wiseco replacement?

'03 KTM 125sx (dirt)

Comment

I'm no help with your gasket issue, but your engine setup has my interest. What kind of horsepower would you expect to see the way this was built?
        79 SF

IG "9mmHeater"

Comment

Hey PK

I am assuming that the stock was used / i.e. compressed and the wiseco is new? If that is true might be what is causing the difference in your comparison.
          2 - 80 LGs bought one new
          81 LH
          02 FXSTB Nighttrain
          22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
          Jim

Comment

Take the gasket with the smaller diameter and lay it on top of the cylinder block. If the metal ring protrudes into the combustion chamber, I would advise that you not use it.
            The metal is the fire stop, and it needs "full body contact" to transfer the combustion heat to the block and head. If it does not have that full contact, it will cause a hot spot in the combustion chamber, leading to all sorts of bad things happening to the engine.
            Can you say detonation? Pre ignition?
            It hurts to have to buy another gasket, but it is cheaper than repairing the damage caused by improper assembly.

CZ

Comment

Originally posted by Briggs&Stratton View Post
              I'm no help with your gasket issue, but your engine setup has my interest. What kind of horsepower would you expect to see the way this was built?
              No idea, she'll get thrown up on the dyno when she's done though, I an very curious to see what she can do.

Another gasket has been ordered, should be in today actually, damn job getting in the way of working on the bike
              '03 KTM 125sx (dirt)

Comment

Working...
              X