Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foot Peg Rubber upgrade

I've searched the forums and really haven't run into any threads regarding
    new rubber for the standard foot pegs. Rear passenger pegs would be easy to replace all together, however as you all know the front ones, not so simple.

Have any of you gotten creative with your foot peg replacement rubber?

FYI, the bike I picked up was sitting in partial shade in the California Desert for a few years, so yes the rubber is shot and an eye sore on a bike I've put so much time, effort and cash into.

Any ideas would be more than welcome. Thanks!
    80 G

Originally posted by Tmycal View Post
    I've searched the forums and really haven't run into any threads regarding
    new rubber for the standard foot pegs. Rear passenger pegs would be easy to replace all together, however as you all know the front ones, not so simple.

Have any of you gotten creative with your foot peg replacement rubber?

FYI, the bike I picked up was sitting in partial shade in the California Desert for a few years, so yes the rubber is shot and an eye sore on a bike I've put so much time, effort and cash into.

Any ideas would be more than welcome. Thanks!
    I have 2 pairs of NOS standard rubbers available..... Just PM me for details
    Last edited by James England; 05-21-2014, 09:06 AM.
    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Here is my bike . . . sure I'm sure I'll get critiqued on it, but I bought the bike (born a Venturer) with the idea of customizing it to my liking and I love it. Sorry to all you purists who are cringing. . .. pat your selves on the back, one less survivor, up go the values of your bikes :-)

[IMG][/IMG]
      80 G

Comment

Welcome, nice looking bike.

Ride safe,
        Larry
        Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
        http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
        82 XJ1100
        80 XS1100G (Project bike)
        64 Yamaha YA-6
        77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
        See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

Originally posted by James England View Post
          I have 2 pairs of NOS standard rubbers available..... Just PM me for details
          Thank you for the response. You're way out in England! I may be PMing you in the near future depending on how desperate I get. I was really looking for an upgrade, something different than OEM. If I don't find another solution, I'll hit you up.

Thanks Again.
          80 G

Comment

The later G & H covers have been discontinued. I'm not certain if James has the wide flat covers you seek.

Here is and option for you: SCOOTWORKS FOOTPEG ADAPTERS- YAMAHA XS SERIES

Another option would be to install pegs off of a '78 or '79 XS1100. Those covers are available OEM and aftermarket. I am not sure if they are direct fit to the G pegs or not.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by Yahman View Post
              Welcome, nice looking bike.

Ride safe,
              Larry
              Thanks! I see on your sig you have a 80 standard project bike. I'm curious, what are you doing with it?
              80 G

Comment

Sweet, that option would set me free! I'm going to do more digging to make sure it'll work with my set up.

Thank You!

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                The later G & H covers have been discontinued. I'm not certain if James has the wide flat covers you seek.

Here is and option for you: SCOOTWORKS FOOTPEG ADAPTERS- YAMAHA XS SERIES

Another option would be to install pegs off of a '78 or '79 XS1100. Those covers are available OEM and aftermarket. I am not sure if they are direct fit to the G pegs or not.
                80 G

Comment

I was thinking of doing something similar to yours, except more of a seat. My old butt can't handle a seat like that anymore.

Larry
                  Last edited by Yahman; 05-21-2014, 09:33 AM.

82 XJ1100
                  64 Yamaha YA-6
                  77 Suzuki TS-185

Comment

I was really looking for an upgrade, something different than OEM.

Like this? I believe it's a direct fit.
                    Tracker Style Pegs

You need a forkbrace too! Try this one. It will fit. XS1100 standard is a match for XS650.

HHB Fork Brace – Black He has them in nickel plate as well.
                    Marty (in Mississippi)
                    XS1100SG
                    XS650SK
                    XS650SH
                    XS650G
                    XS6502F
                    XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by Yahman View Post
                      I was thinking of doing something similar to yours, except more of a seat. My old but can't handle a seat like that anymore.

Larry
                      Hahahah. I was nervous about that seat! You can see in that photo the seat has my ass indented on it from a 3 hour ride. (It does rise back up after a few minutes) Maybe because I have a flat ass and the seat is flat, I really have no issues with regards to comfort. Because of the drag style handlebars and the subsequent stretched out riding position it puts you in I do have some lower back soreness. Not to bad though.
                      80 G

Comment

Like this? I believe it's a direct fit.
                        Tracker Style Pegs

You need a forkbrace too! Try this one. It will fit. XS1100 standard is a match for XS650.

HHB Fork Brace – Black He has them in nickel plate as well.
                        Awesome! Thanks a bunch for the help. I had been searching for a fork brace too since I have no front fender and those forks IMO are a tad undersized for such a heavy bike.
                        80 G

Comment

What you may want to do is go with the European foot peg position. It is moved back a bit. See some of James England's posts for more info and help with that.

82 XJ1100
                          64 Yamaha YA-6
                          77 Suzuki TS-185

Comment

Here is my bike . . . sure I'm sure I'll get critiqued on it, but I bought the bike (born a Venturer) with the idea of customizing it to my liking and I love it. Sorry to all you purists who are cringing. . .. pat your selves on the back, one less survivor, up go the values of your bikes :-)

[IMG][/IMG]
                            You've done a pretty good job...so far. Now, make it perform. You'll need some better, longer shocks. New springs up front, maybe straight rate with emulators. You definitely need a fork brace. Leave it like it is, and this friend of mine is going to have you for breakfast. (He may do it anyway)
                            Marty (in Mississippi)
                            XS1100SG
                            XS650SK
                            XS650SH
                            XS650G
                            XS6502F
                            XS650E

Comment

You've done a pretty good job...so far. Now, make it perform. You'll need some better, longer shocks. New springs up front, maybe straight rate with emulators. You definitely need a fork brace. Leave it like it is, and this friend of mine is going to have you for breakfast. (He may do it anyway)
                              10-4, It is definitely an on going process. I've only had the bike since February, so she's nowhere near complete (are they ever?). Thank you for the suggestions. After doing some riding on the twisties, she certainly needs a little help with the suspension and forks.
                              80 G

Comment

Working...
                              X