Re: Winter Storage Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HalfCentury View Post
    The first wither, 2008, that I owned the XJ650, I rode it every day that there was no snow on the roads. A few days were 10 deg F. I looked like the Michelen man on the bike.

I begin using Stabil in the fall and use it all through the winter. Just in case I get called out of town or get too busy to ride it often.

Owning a balaclava is what cured me of fearing winter rides. The only real problem is fogging of the helmet face shield. Its an art to opening it just enough to keep the fogging down while not freezing the face.

On the truly cold days I wear 3 layers of clothes and I use really good ski gloves.
    Two pair of cotton work gloves work better than the best ski gloves.......BTDT. Of course, Vetter Hippo Hands ARE the ultimate then just a light pair of riding gloves is all that's needed, no matter how cold outside temps are. Years past, -35f and HippoHands were the ultiment warmth. Way better than heated grips.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
      Two pair of cotton work gloves work better than the best ski gloves.......BTDT. Of course, Vetter Hippo Hands ARE the ultimate then just a light pair of riding gloves is all that's needed, no matter how cold outside temps are. Years past, -35f and HippoHands were the ultiment warmth. Way better than heated grips.
      I was tempted to buy some hippo hands, but looking at how they fit on the handlebars, I don't think they'll work on my bike with the shield I have on it. I did buy some Olympia Weather King Gore-Tex gloves which are okay so far . . .
      1979 XS1100F
      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Aviation gas

It has worked for me very well just turn on gas on once in a while
        but do not leave it on after a warm day ride and have a carb float stick. Filled up the engine and loosened the fibers on the barnett
        clutch plates so i had to put another set in.
        79 SF

Comment

Working...
        X