4-2-1 Aftermarket Exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, that's the same.

I don't like 4 into 1's anyway. The only reason I have one on The Hornet is I ordered the wrong damn part #. $400 later I gotta use it on something.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
      Bob Jones' " Limey Accent"..Jardine

BA80's "Green Hornet"...Mac
      Sorry, was confusing the two... meant Bobs old lime green...

Originally posted by jjz28 View Post
      Isnt that just a set of headers with a muffler on it?
      Its a specific brand, not just a header and muffler.

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
      the Jardine I bought was the last one Karla Jones had in stock after Bob passed...I'm pretty sure Bob jones liked using this exhaust although i cant really see why...
      Once you hear the sweet sound it makes you'll understand.
      '79 XS11 F
      Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
      Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
      GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

I had one and it sounded ok but the sound of my Kerker was even more visceral...and louder...blipping the throttle made the engine sound like it was barking...like a spastic animal wanting to rip your face off...so to say...
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I have to say the Kerker I had on the '79 standard was that AND MORE! There is no "reason" to have it, but the SOUND was great! The trip leading everyone up through California highway 1, and just NEEDING to "let go". Yes, a few who were on that trip will probably remember the growl to wail when I took it above 6KRPM's. There was something about a Kerker that I thought just MADE the bike.....
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
          X