4-2-1 Aftermarket Exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-2-1 Aftermarket Exhaust?

Found this exhaust on ebay and was wondering if anyone has seen one like this.
    Maybe its not even for an XS11 as he said the PO told him it was for the bike he bought but never had it on the XS11... I checked the UK list if exhausts and didn't see one like it... Any thoughts? I like the can on it...
    Last edited by WMarshy; 07-18-2013, 06:30 AM.
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Originally posted by WMarshy View Post
    Found this exhaust on ebay and was wondering if anyone has seen one like this.
    Maybe its not even for an XS11 as he said the PO told him it was for the bike he bought but never had it on the XS11... I checked the UK list if exhausts and didn't see one like it... Any thoughts? I like the can on it...
    Since nothing performs overall better than the stock exhaust, and some have no other choice because of rust or beyond repair damage of the stock exhaust, if found the Yoshimura was found to be the better 4into1 option.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Wade,that looks a LOT like the exhaust systems that Bob Jones liked to put on his customs. Here's a pic of Limey Accent with what I'm talking about.

It looks and sounds good.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

That exhaust Greg..is a cheap Jardine 4to1...I had one on my maxim for a while...its the same one that fell off during the '09 XSEast rally in VT....its rusting out in my shed...its cheap because where the headers join the muffler the 2 pcs fit together without any clamps or way to seal the gaps from leaks...and worst of all theres no ground clearance on right handers pipe scrapes the ground in the slightest lean...a POS IMO...YMMV
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hmmmmmm........I don't remember Jeremy ever dragging it and that boy pushed the envelope.

For $120 how can you lose?
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Greg, that is a Jardine on the green hornet. I can tell because I have one myself, the oval can and awkward pipe to the can give it away. I know all too well about the poor clearance and have had sparks fly from my right heal.

I suppose if it will fit the Eleven it is a good deal. A little paint would go a long ways. I just thought maybe someone has seen this type before. Thought it was interesting that there is no mention of it on the UK site either...
            '79 XS11 F
            Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
            Stock, no title.

GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

I see the seller did NOT include "clear" pictures of the pipes! He DID show 4 pictures of the muffler, so that is ALL I would bid on.... If you look at the pipe to muffler connection, that is NOT a factory welding job. the flat spot on the bottom pipe is also not a good thing.
              I would not buy it, but that's me, and I still have a few parts...
              Ray Matteis
              KE6NHG
              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Greg, that is a Jardine on the green hornet.
                Nope, The Hornet has a Mac on it.
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                  Nope, The Hornet has a Mac on it.
                  Are we talking about the same bike? I meant Bob's lime green bike in the pic...
                  '79 XS11 F
                  Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                  Stock, no title.

Comment

Isnt that just a set of headers with a muffler on it?
                    Jeff
                    77 XS750 2D completely stock
                    79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Are we talking about the same bike? I meant Bob's lime green bike in the pic...

Bob Jones' " Limey Accent"..Jardine

BA80's "Green Hornet"...Mac
                      Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Wade,that looks a LOT like the exhaust systems that Bob Jones liked to put on his customs. Here's a pic of Limey Accent with what I'm talking about.

It looks and sounds good.
                        I love that bike
                        XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

the Jardine I bought was the last one Karla Jones had in stock after Bob passed...I'm pretty sure Bob jones liked using this exhaust although i cant really see why...
                          Last edited by madmax-im; 07-19-2013, 07:27 PM.
                          1980 XS650G Special-Two
                          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                            the Jardine I bought was the last one Karla Jones had in stock after Bob passed...I'm pretty sure Bob jones liked using this exhaust although i cant really see why...
                            Ask Tod, he has Limey now.......
                            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Ask Tod, he has Limey now.......
                              Yes i know...
                              Heres Old max with the jardine...

1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                              X