No announcement yet.

Unknown part left over after reassembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess that would be a good trick to pull on your bike buddy...have two or three random screws/bolts/jets in your pocket and add them to the pile of parts from his engine work. Sort of like the small bottle of oil I carry to make puddles under the Harleys parked at work....
    "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Originally posted by LoHo View Post
      ... Sort of like the small bottle of oil I carry to make puddles under the Harleys parked at work....
      Now that's funny!
      Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
      The Green Monster
      K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
      Got him in '04.
      bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
      Scarlet
      K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
      Got her in '11
      Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
      Hugo
      Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
      Cold weather ride

Comment

Originally posted by LoHo View Post
        I guess that would be a good trick to pull on your bike buddy...have two or three random screws/bolts/jets in your pocket and add them to the pile of parts from his engine work. Sort of like the small bottle of oil I carry to make puddles under the Harleys parked at work....
        Have to agree that is DAMN funny!

John
        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Back to business.......

Hi RJriver,

Did you find a home for your extra part?

I refitted my clutch last night, and it looks very like the restrictor which is screwed into the end of the gearbox mainshaft, behind the clutch release mechanism.

AlanB
          If it ain't broke, modify it!

Comment

Sort of like the small bottle of oil I carry to make puddles under the Harleys parked at work....

Man... I had been going through heck with my bike. The motor had been knocking, so I stripped it down and rebuilt it... and it only lasted 2500 miles. So I got a Wiseco kit and a different engine and rebuilt the motor again right before another rally. Like.. finished it the night before? Rode out to the rally.. seemed OK. We went on the ride the next day. As the day went on, I was starting to relaxe more and more.. feeling better about the rebuild, though still listening for something out of place. We stopped to eat, and when I went back outside, there was a puddle of oil under the bike. *@^#$_*(^@_(#$^($^#(+*!@^$#!!!!!!!!!!! I was on the ground looking at where it came from before I heard all the giggling like school-girls behind me with one of them with a quart of oil in his hand. That s&*t ain't funny! Well, OK.. it was to everyone but me.
            Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
            '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100
            *Crashed/Totalled, still own