No announcement yet.

Jammed my engine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck I can even check for will nots if I want! Mostly I decided it was a better one than was offered here for less. I have had very good luck with Morgan and there shipping is super cheap and delivery times are second to none.
    2-79 XS1100 SF
    2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
    80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
    Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Just be very careful with the end after inspecting the inside of a combustion chamber on a hot engine. It will NOT feel good on the inside of an ear! DAMHIKIJK!
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
        Now you can peek under doors and stuff too.
        I did that after looking up my nose, ears and throat. I also found a £1 coin under a cupboard. Then I found electrical wiring in a partition wall.

I may even use it on a motorbike one day.........
        XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Originally posted by James England View Post
          I did that after looking up my nose, ears and throat. I also found a £1 coin under a cupboard. Then I found electrical wiring in a partition wall.

I may even use it on a motorbike one day.........
          Geez, you could even perform a colinoscopy on yourself! (kidding)
          Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.
          03 Honda ST1300 ABS

Comment

Originally posted by skids View Post
            Geez, you could even perform a colinoscopy on yourself! (kidding)
            Serously... you could! Certainly one could check out haemmorhoids........
            XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptonZap View Post
              There was a young man with a borescope
              Who's life, without XS, had no hope
              of spending his day
              in a more useful way
              than viewing the results of a zoetrope
              I know an old bore with a scope
              With life he's unable to cope
              He sits in a dream
              Eyes glued to the screen
              I think he's a dozy, daft dope
              Last edited by James England; 12-20-2012, 09:46 AM.

Comment

The thing is that it is useful for many other purposes than just looking inside the cylinders. I can check and see if the wifes ring is in the drain again before I take the whole P-trap apart.I can look at the leak behind the motor on my car and see where it is impossible to see otherwise without an engine removal. I just know it will be useful when I drop parts and have to find them under my cabinets like the coin find. I think it will be a cool tool to own.
                2-79 XS1100 SF
                2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Can any of you computor savvy folks out there tell me if a Luddite could use someting like this, without adult supervision?
                  http://www.ebay.com/itm/7mm-Inspecti...item2ec4706d77

For $15.49, it would almost be worth it for one use.
                  CZ

Comment

Originally posted by CaptonZap View Post
                    Can any of you computor savvy folks out there tell me if a Luddite could use someting like this, without adult supervision?
                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/7mm-Inspecti...item2ec4706d77

For $15.49, it would almost be worth it for one use.
                    CZ
                    LOL! Probably, but it would probably be best if you have a laptop. Dragging the bike indoors to the computer might be a bit inconvenient.....
                    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
                    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
                    '82 XJ rebuild project
                    '80SG restified, red SOLD
                    '79F parts...
                    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
                    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
                    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
                    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
                    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
                    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Just being the devils advocate, but I can pretty much see the top of the piston through the plug hole. How are you going to turn it upwards to look at the valves and such?
                      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Just being the devils advocate, but I can pretty much see the top of the piston through the plug hole. How are you going to turn it upwards to look at the valves and such?

Aw haw, I'm glad you asked, you devil, you.
                        When you click on the accessory icon, you will see the 90 deg side view mirror, that clips over the head.
                        And for only leventy seven, six fifty, a bargain. Guaranteed not to rust , bust, gather dust, rip, fray, or tear at the edges. Comes in one exciting color, and cost only pennies a day! Yes folks, you heard me right, only PENNIES a day!
                        CZ

Comment

yup, that's what I thought...........40 acres and a mule.
                          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

The Morgantune one comes with mirror and a litle proggling thing and also a magnet for picking nuts out of the engine etc

The hole I found on a piston was actually at the edge... I even saw the broken ends of the pistin ring which came out of the hole. Sure, there will be applications where it can't be used but it's another weapon in the armoury for the fight against the forces of evil.....
                            Last edited by James England; 12-23-2012, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X