Rear wheel bearing LEFT side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tenorman View Post
    Just in time for Christmas....I've ordered a new left rear wheel bearing for my 1980 XS1100LG...I don't need one ...yet.

I'm getting that warm, fuzzy feeling just to know that if and when I do need one, it will be in stock for immediate installation....

Many thanks to James England for caring enough to send the very BEST...

Tenorman,

Jim Schaffner
    You're welcome, Jim. Yes, that warm, fuzzy feeling is nice! The bearing went off to you yesterday by small packet airmail, so your 'low-value gift' (for customs purposes) will be with you in 7-10 days please let me know when it arrives.....
    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

• Thanks....

I just received the new rear wheel bearing...Many, many thanks!

Tenorman
      Bikes that I have owned and enjoyed...
      1964 Allstate 250
      1970 Yamaha DT1
      1959 Mobylette
      1970 Yamaha JT1
      1995 Suzuki 80
      1978 Yamaha XS650
      1980 Yamaha XS1100LG
      2005 BMW R1150R

Comment

• Originally posted by Tenorman View Post
        I just received the new rear wheel bearing...Many, many thanks!

Tenorman
        You're welcome, Jim!
        XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

• I have one..

When the shop I had install a new rear tire told me they couldn't balance it because the bearing was shot I, too, went looking for a replacement.

Long story short, I found an online supplier (Speed and Sport.Inc) who claimed to have exactly one in stock. I didn't really believe them, but I ordered it anyway, fully expecting to get an email cancelling my order with a note that it was an inventory error. Much to my surprise, I got a shipping notice, and soon received what appears to be the part in question.

I never got around to installing it, and since sold the bike. I don't have the contact info for the buyer, so at this point I don't have any use for it and would like to find it a home.

It's definitely old. It's still in the original packaging, wrapped in grease and some kind of waxed paper. The original label is yellowed and brittle and not all there, but I can read "Bearing", and "..3313-62010-00".

I'd like to get what I paid for it ($90+shipping). If someone needs it, contact me and we can discuss it.
          1981 H

Comment

• Hey there John,

Yeah, for several years we thought that that particular bearing was truly no longer available at all, but we were wrong. Folks engaged a bearing company overseas and had batches made and then resold them to members at or very close to cost + S&H, they usually ran around $35.00 or so. The bearing was/IS NLA from Yamaha, but sounds like you were able to find some NOS, but ended up paying DEALERSHIP price!

We NOW know that the bearing is STILL being made, and searches using the NA5904 model #, and ensuring that they find FULL needle bearing design, not mixed roller/needle type, and folk can usually find them on ebay and such again around $35.00 or so. SO....regrettably, you may have trouble recouping your full investment price.

T.C.
            T. C. Gresham
            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
            History shows again and again,
            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
            X