Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wheel bearing LEFT side

Hi Folks

This is to confirm what is almost certainly the very last delivery of LHS rear wheel bearings I will be able to obtain for everyone. For the new members (I notice there are more and more these days) and people who may not have picked up on my numerous previous threads, these are the salient points:

* Rear left side bearings have hitherto been Unobtanium with a capital U.
    When occasionally available as NOS on eBay, they sell for up to $90, depending on how desperate bidders are.

*They are caged needle roller bearings, a weird size and not to be found used on any vehicles other than XS1100, XS850, Maxim, XJ1100.

*I have what I think is a final supply of 23 of these bearings, obtained with ever-increasing difficulty. They cost $32 each and airmail shipping to any destination worldwide costs $6.20 for one, $10.20

I will probably hang on to some bearings this time, as my personal hoard became depleted when I responded to fevered cries of desperation from people whose wheels were wobbling about. This leaves 20 left over, available to anyone who was not aware of the problem until now, or couldn't afford any last time I had any, or who believed in good luck and learned otherwise.......

If anyone wants any, please PM me and I will send them tomorrow by small packet airmail shipping.......first come, first served with any surplus sold (if any) through eBay at extra cost in order to cover their commission.....

Over to you!
    Last edited by James England; 07-08-2012, 08:26 AM.
    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Treasure Trove

Feast your eyes on this hoard, my beauties! Unobtanium at its best, and stashed away in the treasure chest of Captain England aboard The Golden Behind. Get 'em while you can, me hearties! Rarer than Spanish doubloons. More precious than black pearls. Pricier than gold sovereigns

X marks the spot.

XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Its too bad MikesXS does not team up with you to stock and sell these bearings. The one in my bike is good but I already bought my spare from you Mr England- Thanks!! Mike Harrington in Holland Michigan.

Comment

Haha! I love pirates!
        80 XS1100G Black Betty (Daily Driver)
        79 XS1100SF (Buddys Project)
        82 XJ750 Maxim (Fathers Bike)
        81 CB750F SS (Buddys Project)
        06 GSX600F Sold! (Was Mine)
        81 XS1100 Failed Bobber Project (Mine)
        81 XS1100 Parts (Mine)

Grip it, Rip it, and Stick it!!!

Comment

Wow, nice job getting a few more. I know my spare has a place of honor on my parts shelf.

Sooner or later, though, there won't be "a few left" and folks are going to be hurting.
          Mike C
          Lake Orion, Michigan
          '78 XS1100E

Here I am! Where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mharrington View Post
            Its too bad MikesXS does not team up with you to stock and sell these bearings.
            I don't see the need to involve MikesXS at all though..... he'd have to profit from the process and that would just make them cost more. He's running a business and I'm not. Also....as some people on here may recall, I'm no fan of that place anyway after receiving a one word response to an enquiry I once made about ignition coils ("No"). I prefer to deal with pleasant people..... I've sent over 200 of these bearings out now and made a lot of 'friends' in the process. I'd like to keep it nice and friendly....
            Last edited by James England; 07-10-2012, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
              Wow, nice job getting a few more. I know my spare has a place of honor on my parts shelf.

Sooner or later, though, there won't be "a few left" and folks are going to be hurting.
              That's why I keep banging on about it and encouraging people to get one in the bank now. I'm going to keep three for myself this time. The XS1100's out there aren't getting any younger and I still want to restore at least two more of them to really nice condition (European E or F models), so I'll have to be more resolute this time and not part with my personal stock when approached by someone who desperately needs one. Last time, I ended up with only one spare for myself....

Comment

Originally posted by GTXS1100 View Post
                Haha! I love pirates!
                Ha harr! Shiver me timbers, ya landlubber! You can tell I'm a pirate because I've got a sunken chest! Ha harr!

Comment

Update

Hi Folks. Just to let you know..... all orders placed up to and including today, 11 July, have now been despatched and should be with you within 10 days!

Comment

wheel bearing order

james, i appreciate your help in getting one of the wheel bearings on it's way to me. i hope i'll not need it but after reading about some of the difficulty in getting them i'd rather be safe than sorry. i'll also take your advice about regreasing the one's in my bike now as well. the heat here in arizona does tend to wear stuff out faster than in other parts of the world, including me. it's 110 here again today so i'll be "lubing" up with a nice frosty margarita here in a few minutes. thanks again

Comment

James, I want to thank you for sending my bearing out so quickly. I bought some of the "UK Gold" cleaner/degreaser as well and it did a really excellent job of loosening some ugly on my fins that baked on after having a loose valve cover.

Nice doing business with you!

Gary
                      82 XJ1100 Maxim "hurricane"- DEKA EXT18L AGM battery , NGK BPR6EIX spark plugs, Green Dyna coils, Sylvania SilverStar Ultra H4 bulb, 139 dB Stebel Nautilus air horn, Home-made K&N air filter based on an original paper filter frame, new piston rings, Barnett Clutch Springs, SS braid/Teflon brake lines, TKAT fork brace, rebuilt calipers, master cylinders, new brakes, reupholstered seat, lotsa little things and so many answered questions here.

Comment

Originally posted by 650mark View Post
                        james, i appreciate your help in getting one of the wheel bearings on it's way to me. i hope i'll not need it but after reading about some of the difficulty in getting them i'd rather be safe than sorry. i'll also take your advice about regreasing the one's in my bike now as well. the heat here in arizona does tend to wear stuff out faster than in other parts of the world, including me. it's 110 here again today so i'll be "lubing" up with a nice frosty margarita here in a few minutes. thanks again
                        Hell 110! Rain here, as usual. You're welcome to the bearing. It's in the mail now and will be with you soon. That margarita sounds good! A lot better than bearing grease anyway.....

Comment

Originally posted by KA1J View Post
                          James, I want to thank you for sending my bearing out so quickly. I bought some of the "UK Gold" cleaner/degreaser as well and it did a really excellent job of loosening some ugly on my fins that baked on after having a loose valve cover.

Nice doing business with you!

Gary
                          Hi Gary. That's great news! I really love it when the packages arrive and people are pleased. I'm pleased re the UK Gold too. I swear by the stuff. It's a shame that the shipping costs to the UK cost about as much as the product. For what it can do, it's an inexpensive product.

Guard your bearing well!

Best regards

James

Comment

Hi Folks

As of 14 July, all orders are in the mail and will take around 10 days to arrive, worldwide. It would help if recipients could post here to confirm arrival! Thanks

Comment

Got mine yesterday.

Thanks James.
                              Nate

78 XS11 "Matilda" 2H7 000364

2001 Raptor ACCT, T.C. Fuse Box, TC Bros Forward Controls
                              Kuryakyn Iso Grips/Throttleboss/Bar End Mirror, Custom Covered Seat
                              Shinko 712s, HID Headlight, RC Performance Exhaust
                              Bikemaster Daytona Handlebars, Galfer SS Brake Lines
                              Barnett HD Clutch Springs, T.C. Spin On Filter Adapter
                              K+N Air Filter

88 Voyager XII
                              81 XJ650 Maxim

Comment

Working...
                              X