xs1100 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xs1100 project

Thought you all might like to see carbon(Bikes nik name) and it's progress.All comment's welcome.Just moved kickstand to accomidate x-pipe has 39 kiehin's on it.

I like what u have going on. Flat slide carbs? What r they borrowed from? And front fender? Is it just the stocker with some creative trimming or?
    BARE BONES CHOPPERS: If it don't make it go faster, you don't need it!
    80 XS1100SG(cafe in progress *slowly)

Comment

Yes those are flat slides.I think they came from a gsxr 1100 though not totally sure.Good eye on the fender it's a stocker trimmed and painted.Thanks for the comments.more pics soon.

Comment

WOW!! Alot of work ,only one comment.Thought I would get more of a response.Tell me what you think folks.

Comment

Well it's looking good. I can imagine it has been a long road to get this far. But then I do not know what it was like when you started.
          You are pretty adventurous transplanting the carbs. Hope to hear how that works out.
          1978 XS1100E "Goliath"
          Full Pacifico faring
          Hard saddle bags
          Hard trunk
          Uni air filter
          In the process of restoration

It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible. George Washington

Let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. George Washington

Comment

I'll be sticking around for more pics/info. Just an idea on your tail/seat, instead of foam holding the tail up, ever think of just mounting flat to the frame and getting a slightly longer pair of shocks? Not trying to tell u what to do, but just brainstorming with my mouth open, as it appears the tail is currently in mock up stage... I am currently trying to devise rear set pegs for my 11, what did u plan on doing there?
            BARE BONES CHOPPERS: If it don't make it go faster, you don't need it!
            80 XS1100SG(cafe in progress *slowly)

Comment

The foam is there so I can take measurments on were to run the tubing to support the seat.Shocks are being looked for now,might go a little longer.As for the rear pegs look closer there on there,there aluminum racing pegs.Thanks for the interest.

Comment

Raising the rear of the tank may get you a cleaner line with your new seat position.
                1979 F worst one i could find
                to convert into a bobber/ streetfighter!

We can't all get along!

Comment

carbon project update

Just thought I"d give you guys a look at the progress and see what comments I get.Amost done with fabbing.Then on to paint.Then the shop techs get to make it growl.This is not your dads xs1100.

Comment

Don't know what your plan is for the extra gap between the frame rail and the seat is, but you will need to find something to fill and blend that space into the rest.
                    Nathan
                    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                    K&N Filter
                    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                    OEM Exhaust
                    ATK Fork Brace
                    LED Dash lights
                    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                    SS Brake Lines
                    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Certainly unique for an XS11 to have a raised tail. How you gonna fit bags and trunk now?

I like the polished rim edges...sets off the blacked out wheels.

John
                      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Hmm. Looks cool, but if you want more comments on your work, you should post up more pics of your work and list out what you did!

Is that an Airtech tail? It looks good on there, and even works with the special tank.

Are you going to fill the badge mounts? Unless you are putting badges back on, it will look unfinished if you don't, IMO.

Any plans to upgrade the front end?

Why did you decide on flat slides? I know the advantages and disadvantages and it's cool to see them used on an 11, but I'm wondering what you end intent gain there is. What is you intended application of this bike?

Cool project!
                        Healthy is merely the slowest rate at which you can die

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba….Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

carbon

Natemoen,The open area that your looking at is going to stay open with all the elec...ect under the seat.Next purchase is shocks.JW ,Thanks for the comment on the wheels,Thought about that one awhile.T99ford,That is an airtech seat with a saddlman xr seat(not fitted yet).To keep the lines of the rear with the tank I had to raise the seat.The tank will be filled.As far as color I'm torn between a old school yamaha yellow with black block style(Kenny Roberts look) or a carbon fiber wrap.Tell me what you all think?Front end is getting upgraded but not changed(new springs and such)Trying to go for a old school but modern street tracker.

Comment

I like it, truly deviant. Obviously a pleasure ride as opposed to a cruiser or daily driver. Sexy nonetheless.
                            '78 E "Stormbringer"

Purrs like a kitten, roars like a lion, runs like a gazelle (being chased by a cheetah).

pics http://s1209.photobucket.com/albums/...tormbringer45/

Comment

Carbon

Oh yea,the trunk and bags.That will be a back pack and tank bag.And me and my ear plugs will cruze a long way to kill a Harley.

Comment

Working...
                              X