Bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
    I don't know what you mean by pulling the tube out. Nothing pulls out.
    I just thought... Look on page 1 of this thread. I posted a pic of several bearings, some in bits. You'll see what I mean by the 'tube'.....
    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Originally posted by James England View Post
      I just thought... Look on page 1 of this thread. I posted a pic of several bearings, some in bits. You'll see what I mean by the 'tube'.....
      Yep, that's about what I had pictured, just don't remember what it had actually looked like. i.e. being able to access the bearings to grease.
      80 SG
      81 SH in parts
      99 ST1100
      91 ST1100

Comment

thanks for the pic.
        Jeff
        77 XS750 2D completely stock
        79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
          Yep, that's about what I had pictured, just don't remember what it had actually looked like. i.e. being able to access the bearings to grease.
          Yes, just pull out the middle and spend a bit of time getting the old grease out. You may find it's like candle-wax, or very dark-coloured. Rotate the rollers and keep getting the old grease out. You can use clutch/brake cleaner aerosol if you lay the wheel on its side with the bearing facing down so the gunge drips out..... then check the sound/feel of the bearing without the old grease and see what you find.
          XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Despatch Update

Hi All

As of today, 1st May, all bearings which have been ordered have been despatched. They take up to 10 days to arrive worldwide.

Comment

Working...
            X