Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearings

Hi All

To the uninitiated, or new members, or older members who resolutely ignore my posts )), I will go through it again.... sorry to those who have read this before.

Prior to my Olympian efforts over the last several months, the rear left-side caged needle-roller bearing which graces each and every wheel of all models of the mighty XS1100 (yet is found on no other machine known to mankind), was extremely difficult/impossible to get hold of. The combined brains and experience of this excellent forum strained to produce solutions to the huge problem one has when this bearing, often neglected and worn, finally gives up, usually after 30 years of loyal service and no grease.

Then, along came Captain Unobtanium, the British superhero. He used his worldwide influence and contacts to cajole, persuade and obtain a small number of these Holy Grails of the biking world, simply because he has loved the XS1100 since he had a new one at the impressionable age of 19 years.

By popular demand and folowing a poll on this very site, Captain Unobtanium will have 30 of these bearings available by this Friday latest... they are now in transit and due in the UK any day now.

So, to those people who indicated in the poll that they would like to buy bearings and to anyone else who wants to ensure the longevity of their classic XS1100, I say.... buy now by PMing me for payment details. They cost $36.20 ....that's US dollars.... each, including airmail shipping worldwide. Two and three bearings cost $32 each, with a further $4.20 TOTAL for combined shipping, thanks to Royal Mail and the Queen wanting to help everyone save on postage.

OK, XSives? Please get PM'ing me! If I don't sell them all and find I'm out of pocket, I will hoard them for several years, then sell them at loads and loads of $$$'s when anyone gets desperate. That'll larn you
    Last edited by James England; 04-23-2012, 10:16 AM.
    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Only a couple of orders so far. If you voted in the recent poll that you wanted bearing(s) then please PM me for payment instructions, folks. They're on schedule for arrival with me on Friday. I will be able to get orders sent out on Saturday 28 April.
    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

James,
      Thanks for the bearing I bought from your first batch. Got it just fine. I had not seen that you had been able to get some more. I will be ordering a spare from the new batch before they are all gone. Thanks again.
      1978 XS1100E "Goliath"
      Full Pacifico faring
      Hard saddle bags
      Hard trunk
      Uni air filter
      In the process of restoration

It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible. George Washington

Let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. George Washington

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyXS11 View Post
        James,
        Thanks for the bearing I bought from your first batch. Got it just fine. I had not seen that you had been able to get some more. I will be ordering a spare from the new batch before they are all gone. Thanks again.
        You're welcome!

Comment

You're my hero Captain!
          Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
          Ozark, Alabama

Comment

Thanks!
            Last edited by James England; 04-25-2012, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joab View Post
              You're my hero Captain!
              Aw shucks!

Comment

OK Cap't nice job on the bearings, now we need 30 sets of reproduction factory exhaust!
                1970? Honda Z50... gone
                1974? Yamaha 100 Enduro... gone
                1974 Honda CB200... gone
                1981 Yamaha Virago 750... gone
                1993 Honda Shadow 1100... gone
                2008 Honda VTX 1800F
                1982 Yamaha XJ1100J w/850 final, Raptor ACCT
                1979 Yamaha XS1100SF "Chewey" Raptor ACCT

http://www.johnsoldiron.com

Comment

Bearings despatch

Hi Folks

I received 29 bearings this morning with a diplomatic note about not having any more left in stock. This might be a hint to stop perstering them!

I have today despatched the three bearings which have been paid for. You should receive them in 10 days or less.

So, everyone........especially the recent poll voters upon whose votes I went ahead with this...... can you PM me for payment details asap? I have also listed the bearings on eBay UK, US and Australia so as to make sure I don't get stuck with any but would prefer if XSives get what they want first and will cancel eBay as appropriate.

I know cash is short for most people but, as you all realise, these bearings are available at cost, for less than the price of a steering head bearing (round of applause...) and should cure the previous wheel bearing shortage forever.....

Comment

Things of beauty

Here they are, Folks. The world's last remaining stockpile. All stored in the Unobtanium-Cave......and looking for new homes.

Comment

James,

Just to let you know I'm not ignoring your PM, my stupid work computer won't allow me to access that part of this website for some reason. I'll get to your PM this afternoon from home. Thanks again.
                      1990 Ninja ZX-10. It's the Silver Surfer. HI-YA!!

2006 Yamaha XT-225. Yep, I take it on the interstate. It's Blue Butt.

1982 Toyota 4x4. 22R Cammed, 38/38, 2" pipe, 20R head with OS valves, performance grind and other fun stuff. It's Blue RASPberry.

1969 Ford F-250 Camper Special resto project. 390 RV cam, Demon carb, Sanderson headers, 2 and a quarter pipes with Magnaflow mufflers. It's Blue Jay.

Comment

sites not working right for some reason, send me payment info and I'll paypal the purchase. My e-mail again is tte@albertahighspeed.com
                        Even a blind monkey gets the odd banana.

1979 XS 1100 special (been down the PO trail and it was messy)

Comment

Meaning I couldn't just PM you through the site it wouldn't work, maybe the FBI is filtering the site cause of the gun talk earlier
                          Even a blind monkey gets the odd banana.

1979 XS 1100 special (been down the PO trail and it was messy)

Comment

Originally posted by jimbyjimb View Post
                            James,

Just to let you know I'm not ignoring your PM, my stupid work computer won't allow me to access that part of this website for some reason. I'll get to your PM this afternoon from home. Thanks again.
                            I think the site was malfunctioning. The server couldn't handle the pix I posted as they were so exciting.

Looks like the problem's resolved now but I'll PM you anyway......

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster View Post
                              sites not working right for some reason, send me payment info and I'll paypal the purchase. My e-mail again is tte@albertahighspeed.com
                              Have PM'd you and e-mailed direct on the e-mail address you posted........ I also sent a carrier pigeon

Comment

Working...
                              X