Acceleration Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all.

I will look into new springs and adjust the cable. And I will try the full synthetic with new springs, mainly because I just spent 50 bucks on royal purple 20w50 that I wanted to try out, but if it still does it or it does it again down the road I guess I will have to say bye bye to the synthetic

Thanks again tho.
    USMC 2005 - Present

79 XS1100F -Mileage unknown - Clubman bars, aftermarket headlight and speedometer, 4 into 1 straight through exhaust, TopCat's fuse box, 1980G rear fender - Daily driver - My first Motorcycle
    78 XS1100E - Rebuilt And Sold I SHOULD OF KEPT IT!!!

Comment

Yeah get rid of the synthetic
      91 kwaka kz1000p
      Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Originally posted by mmaddix View Post
        Thank you all.

I will look into new springs and adjust the cable. And I will try the full synthetic with new springs, mainly because I just spent 50 bucks on royal purple 20w50 that I wanted to try out, but if it still does it or it does it again down the road I guess I will have to say bye bye to the synthetic

Thanks again tho.
        I use Royal Purple 75w140 full synthetic in the middle and final drives because steel gears are steel gears and it is a superior lubricant. I don't believe it's compatable with 30 year old friction discs though.

IMHO
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by skids View Post
          Possibly too lean? Floats set for economy? Aftermarket exhaust and/or mods to the air filters without enough jetting compensation?
          My bad. I missed the part about increasing rpms.
          Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Well I couldn't find springs soon enough so I just put the bike back together so I wouldn't be spending so much for gas in my truck. I adjusted the clutch cable and the mechanical adjustment. The screw for the mechanical adjustment was way to far in. well when I took it for the test ride it worked perfectly. I had better acceleration in every gear. The throttle response was awesome. It is amazing how much more power it has. Well how much more power it's getting to the back wheel anyways. It's like a whole new bike.

Thanks again gents.
            USMC 2005 - Present

79 XS1100F -Mileage unknown - Clubman bars, aftermarket headlight and speedometer, 4 into 1 straight through exhaust, TopCat's fuse box, 1980G rear fender - Daily driver - My first Motorcycle

Comment

Gald it worked out. If I might add a suggestion, get the FSM or any other manual, and go through ALL of the maintenance section adjustments and checks.
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
                Gald it worked out. If I might add a suggestion, get the FSM or any other manual, and go through ALL of the maintenance section adjustments and checks.
                Thats a good idea. I cant believe I havent done this yet and the bad part is i have the manual.
                USMC 2005 - Present

Comment

Working...
                X