Mikuni Carb Parts for Cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motoman View Post
    Well, looks like if you have all the mains out of those carbs, surely don't need more.......BTW, 112.5 mains ARE the stock main jet size for the XJ's. Your SF would have the early carbs using, IIRC, 137.5 mains......if the bike still has the earlier carbs on it. Guess that source would work fine if you have no local dealer or motorcycle accessory shop nearby. Price IS a bit cheaper locally for me here, and I know I'm getting Genuine Mikunis eye-balling the Mikuni logo on them, not K&L's or some other off-brand.
    Yep, got the mains out and changing the size to compensate for pipes and single K&N filter...
    And living in a one horse town, driving 120 round trip to Austin isn't cost effective...
    Current Rides:
    02 GL1800 Wing
    79 XS1100SF Sold 10-15-12
    81 XS1100H Venturer Sold 10-27-12

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
      Well, looks like if you have all the mains out of those carbs, surely don't need more.......BTW, 112.5 mains ARE the stock main jet size for the XJ's. Your SF would have the early carbs using, IIRC, 137.5 mains......if the bike still has the earlier carbs on it. Guess that source would work fine if you have no local dealer or motorcycle accessory shop nearby. Price IS a bit cheaper locally for me here, and I know I'm getting Genuine Mikunis eye-balling the Mikuni logo on them, not K&L's or some other off-brand.
      FYI, and for the multitude of others, these are genuine Mikuni jets per the order desk who I spoke to this AM,
      so if this can save someone who lives in the sticks a little money, then great, if not, well
      The only down side to this site is they don't have them above 137.5 in odd sizes(i.e. 142.5--147.5 etc)
      But for the even sizes, you want'em, they've got'em...
      Last edited by tv5150; 02-21-2012, 10:00 AM.
      Current Rides:
      02 GL1800 Wing
      79 XS1100SF Sold 10-15-12
      81 XS1100H Venturer Sold 10-27-12

Comment

It's getting harder to get the genuine jets and those prices are pretty good.
        '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by 81xsproject View Post
          It's getting harder to get the genuine jets and those prices are pretty good.
          Mikuni still produces these jets and they are still currently used on production bikes.
          Nathan
          KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
          K&N Filter
          #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
          OEM Exhaust
          ATK Fork Brace
          LED Dash lights
          Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
          SS Brake Lines
          Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
            Mikuni still produces these jets and they are still currently used on production bikes.
            ........and easy to get.......Although the cost locally with my discount is $4.95ea., but come in package of 4 if ordered......
            Last edited by motoman; 02-22-2012, 05:18 PM.
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
            X