Cam Chain adjustment...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hbonser View Post
    Glad you enjoy living vicariously through my bike! I kinda like that Venturer you have, from what I recall it's in pretty good shape. Not too many of them around. You have it running well?
    Thanks. Wasn't runnin well at the rally and hasn't been, even at the CalyRally couple yrs. ago. Finialized the issues as of today as a matter of fact. New battery resolved alot of issues. Then undo everything I had done to get it runnin as good as it was at the rally. Went back thru floats setting with my dial indicater dropping them from the 23mm to 24mm, which BTW drops the RUNNING fuel level 3mm. That all but got rid of the low speed/rpm stumble. Back thru idle mix doing an idle drop then backing them out 1/4 turn which left it with an ever so slight brief 200rpm hang idle for 10sec. Tomorrow, will pull seat and tank and back the idle mix out another 1/8 turn which will leave them at a 2 3/4 turns out. Double check sync and all should be good again. Been fightin' this thing on and off now for three yrs. and findin out it has Special needles instead of Standard needles has been the root of its evil on top of the 7yr. old battery that was only holding at 12.1V and key on, dropped to 11.6V.......not good, TCI and coils are NOT happy with those numbers. Short of the ever so slight hang idle issue, this thing hops around and is super quick on the RPM's having Special needles with the 110's across. Anyway, back runnin as smooth as glass at ANY rpm with not even a rich hiccup when throttle is ever so lightly slightly applied. Now runs again as good as it looks. Maybe it will get the nod instead of the ST, as I've never been to Sturgis as of yet and have been told to do it at least once just cause'. Would'nt be a bad 800mile ride one way.Thanks for askin' Howard.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
    X