Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
    Hi Lloydo,
    there are advantages to the language difference, you can call TC a wanker because he don't know what it means (TC, it's Britspeak for jerkoff and you ain't one) you can't call him ******* because the bad word auto-sensor spells in US English but we can indeed metaphorically kick his arse.
    Likewise, I have given up on explaining to my Canadian wife that while Bitch is an insult, you poor little bitch is an expression of affectionate sympathy.
    Not to mention, of course, the source of much adolescent hilarity here in the UK about falling on, or smacking women on, the fanny. It means something very, very different here and, if said inadvertantly by, for example, a US guest at a UK dinner party, would result in some polite coughs/complete silence/change of subject.....

I understand that the French ' les gosses' (as in 'boys', 'lads') actually means something drastically different in Canadian French.......
    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Working...
    X