Help please! 1981 MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SLB1963 View Post
    Thanks for the info. When I get home this weekend I am going to use my brothers HIGH pressure air to blow it clean. I have it 3 of them seeping through now but they are not clear all the way. I do have 1 that is clear. Air in a can aint cutting it!!!!
    Yowser, you are on the way. Between now and then, if you can set the bowls upright, and fill them half full of acetone, then let them set, you will disolve most of the dried fuel gunk that is in there. Put some Saran wrap over the top of the bowls to slow down evaporation.
    When you are done, pour the acetone into an oil can, mixed 50/50 with ATF, and you have the Used Car Lot Mechanics po-boy rendition of PB Blaster or Kroil.
    CZ
    Last edited by CaptonZap; 06-23-2011, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SLB1963 View Post
      Thanks for the info. When I get home this weekend I am going to use my brothers HIGH pressure air to blow it clean. I have it 3 of them seeping through now but they are not clear all the way. I do have 1 that is clear. Air in a can aint cutting it!!!!
      The problem is that air pressure is not likely to clear the passages without a good cleaning solvent to dissolve the stuff that's in the passages. This is why you need the carb cleaner, and some sort of soak, as long as you keep the throttle shaft seals out of the cleaner (unless it's the Yamaha stuff) will work best. The pinesol is supposed to work well also, and doesn't damage the rubber parts either.
      Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
      Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
      Vetter Windjammer IV
      Vetter hard bags & Trunk
      OEM Luggage Rack
      Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
      Spade Fuse Box
      Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
      750 FD Mod
      TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
      XJ1100 Front Footpegs
      XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Working...
      X