No announcement yet.

Factory Full Dress 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nubian, definitely not an 81 nor is the motor. Looks to be a 78 with the fairing/luggage option. 81 Venturer came in one color ONLY.......IndigoBlue.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

VERY!!!!!!!!!!!! disappointed. Did not even bother looking for the vin #. There were cracks in the windshield that weren't noticeable in the pictures also the extent of rust all over. On second thought I should have gotten the vin I can always call him up to get it. I would not offer more than 400-500 for it. I am critical maybe someone else would have a different eye for it. If anyone is interested lemme know. It's an hour away from me.
      BAMN!

'81 XS1100H "Brutus"

Comment

Originally posted by Nubian View Post
        If anyone is interested lemme know. It's an hour away from me.
        No banjos then, right on! Thanks, but I'm already cleaning rust off of my own rust bucket! Oh, was the tank dented or was it just a weird picture?
        -- Scott
        _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
        1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
        1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
        1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
        1979 XS1100F: parts
        2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
          No banjos then, right on! Thanks, but I'm already cleaning rust off of my own rust bucket! Oh, was the tank dented or was it just a weird picture?
          Weird pix. No dents on tank
          BAMN!

'81 XS1100H "Brutus"

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
            Is to never keep score.

i got it cheap enough. It makes me happy. It isn't a $20,000 Harley.

I don't care about the rest. I will never hit $20k.

Just have fun.

John
            I got mine by trading my dining room table for it + $80 ... bought the table for 30 bux...
            Daily Driver - '04 Suzuki Marauder 1600
            Project Bike - '79 XS1100 Special

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

"MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST" -Semper Fidelis!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nubian View Post
              VERY!!!!!!!!!!!! disappointed. Did not even bother looking for the vin #. There were cracks in the windshield that weren't noticeable in the pictures also the extent of rust all over. On second thought I should have gotten the vin I can always call him up to get it. I would not offer more than 400-500 for it. I am critical maybe someone else would have a different eye for it. If anyone is interested lemme know. It's an hour away from me.
              Why didnt you offer him $400 for it then, maybe he would bite? Something like that your going to have 6-$700 into it before you can ride it... dont be afraid to tell him that. I constantly remind people selling that a turn key ready to ride XS11 that needs tires sells for $1200-$1500...
              '79 XS11 F
              Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
              Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
              GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Originally posted by WMarshy View Post
                Why didnt you offer him $400 for it then, maybe he would bite? Something like that your going to have 6-$700 into it before you can ride it... dont be afraid to tell him that. I constantly remind people selling that a turn key ready to ride XS11 that needs tires sells for $1200-$1500...
                Well I thought about that but he kept telling me he has an $800. Offer on table who knows maybe he's truthful but I have line on a beauty IMHO for 1.5k 6-8 hr round trip plus a surprise package looks to be in excellent condition cost of this trip and two new Qwest helmets and two new rev'it ghost summer gloves plus the Mrs. Knows not what I'm up to I was not in a haggling mood. I am picking it up this weekend and will post pictures.
                BAMN!

'81 XS1100H "Brutus"

Comment

BTW wmarshy you are so right I have been searching and I mean everywhere that is the average going price for a turn key xs1100. I think i did pretty well except for trip required. The surprise is all original vetter fairing that came with the bike and oem Yamaha owner's and part's and service manuals.
                  1980 With 35k
                  Last edited by Nubian; 04-27-2011, 06:01 PM.
                  BAMN!

'81 XS1100H "Brutus"

Comment

Working...
                  X